still gets hot

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 10:30 PM
4th Gear Member

It's a 3/8 square drive, but chances are it's stuck in there. Pull the temp sender for the gauge, use a pipe thread T and straight nipple and stick both the factory temp sensor and the Jet sensor in there.

Old 06-03-2015, 06:56 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by z28pete
Codes 14 & 15 contradict each other, 14 shows excessive high temp, whole 15 shows excessive low temp. This could be due to a bad ECT sensor, or a problem with the lead from PCM pin C5 to Pin A on the ECT, look for a short to ground or an open circuit caused by damaged wire or poor connection.
Code 26 points to the purge solenoid in the EVAP system. Start by checking fguse #6 (under hood, and verify it is getting power when ignition is ON.
Code 27 points to the EGR solenoid valve control. Again look at fuse #6.
Code 70 points to the AC compressor control relay
Code 77 points to the No 1 fan contrtol relay, again check fuse #6
Code 84 points to the 3-2 control solenoid on transmission
my engine light is not on so i will scan for codes but i believe the only codes that are left are 70,84. the rest have been fixed. i also bought a new egr solenoide and replaced some wires on the evap system.
as for code 70 i will have to wait for my buddy to come with a voltmeter and 84 i think i am very low on tranny fluid because my reverse is very hard to get into i have to push it with some force to get it to slide all the way over.

Old 06-03-2015, 06:56 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by MKCoconuts
It's a 3/8 square drive, but chances are it's stuck in there. Pull the temp sender for the gauge, use a pipe thread T and straight nipple and stick both the factory temp sensor and the Jet sensor in there.
thank you i will do this when i get the chance.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:28 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

should be a drain hole on the driver side block. passenger side should have a knock sensor in it.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:33 PM
2nd Gear member

would you know the size of this? im trying to find them at a local hardward store but i cant seem to find the right size. i overheated again today and it stayed at 260+ for a while so i hope i ddint blow a headgasket but i will pressure test the radiator and see if i did or not. but i need to get this fan kit installed or im ****ed.

Old 06-04-2015, 06:47 PM
2nd Gear member

update: refilled radiator and it is not as bad now but i really need this fan kit installed so hopefully i can get it installed tomorrow afternoon. as my temps still do escalate when in traffic. i want to thank you all for working with me and my camaro we should have an annual ride for this forum as long as its not 20hours away from me i will go XD. other forums arent as welcoming as you guys...

Old 06-04-2015, 09:58 PM
4th Gear Member

It should be 3/8 pipe thread for everything. I'll get you pic of how mine is set up so you have an idea what you're looking for.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:54 PM
2nd Gear member

It should be 3/8 pipe thread for everything. I'll get you pic of how mine is set up so you have an idea what you're looking for.
thanks. also how did u extend the wire? it probably wont reach to the other side of head.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:49 PM
4th Gear Member

Name:  0604152300_zpsu38gavhd.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  186.1 KB
This is how I have mine set up with the factory temp gauge and my manual temp gauge. Brass T block with the manual gauge sensor coming out the bottom, the factory sensor out the right hand side and short nipple connecting the block to the head.

Now that I look at the picture, I wanna say the block itself is 1/4 NPT with 3/8 to 1/4 NPT adapters to adapt the sensors and to adapt the head.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:10 AM
2nd Gear member

This is how I have mine set up with the factory temp gauge and my manual temp gauge. Brass T block with the manual gauge sensor coming out the bottom, the factory sensor out the right hand side and short nipple connecting the block to the head.

Now that I look at the picture, I wanna say the block itself is 1/4 NPT with 3/8 to 1/4 NPT adapters to adapt the sensors and to adapt the head.
and how did u get the sensor wires to extend from the pcm to that side?

Last edited by warmeck; 06-05-2015 at 12:17 AM.