Sport Back? Anybody Rocking One of These?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 10:45 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Location: Born and Raised in Ironwood Michigan (The Army sends me all over.)
Default Sport Back? Anybody Rocking One of These?

I stumbled across this tonight while looking for things to spend money on for my Z.

Does any body here have one of these on there ride? The website says it replaces the rear glass. If it snapped in place over the existing glass, I wouldn't even consider it. BUT, seeing as it completely replaces the glass, I am considering it. I am thinking of putting it on my 1994 Z28. Of course I would have to paint it to match. Opinions??

Old 03-24-2012, 01:47 AM
1st Gear Member

In my opinion it's ugly. Keep the car stock, unmolested Z's are getting rare. Spend the money on suspension or engine mods. I will say I've seen some tastefully modded Camaro's, but most if the time they look gawdy or ricer-ish.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:46 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Location: Born and Raised in Ironwood Michigan (The Army sends me all over.)

I know what you mean. I have actually gone out of my way to try to keep a stock appearance to my Z28. The only appearance mod I guess I would have (besides rims and a tint job) is a set of lowering springs. I wouldn't really call that an appearance mod though. I would just call that a suspension/handling mod that alters the outward appearance of the vehicle. As you see Javs in this thread:
https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02...st-15hp-68820/
I really dislike stickers. So you bought a K&N Air Filter, Master Blaster Coil, or Lingenfelter CAI. You don't you need to broadcast it to the world by putting a sticker (probably came free with the product) on your fender. Unless you are sponsored and your car is a strip car there is no need for that. I feel the same way with "rust"angs with the giant 5.0 stickers on their quarter panels. NO need to show off how much displacement you engine has. Most people don't even know what that means. OK, I am putting away my soap box now.

On a semi related note, I have decided that I will invest the money I may have spent on this sport back on something else. Maybe some sub-frame connectors tubular suspension components. and I also found these. I know I said I hate stickers, but I meant in a corporate/advertising sense. What does everybody think of these:

You can customize them to read either 350, Z28, RS, 383, SUPERCHARGED, LT1, CAMARO, 355, LT4, or anything you want, but I think I would rather just have the stripe stay solid all the way down. I am going to contact the maker and see if that is an option.

Along with these:

I never really liked the two striped look; just my opinion. It is OK, just not what I would like on my car. I stumbled across these and I totally have to have them.

I think together it makes for a good look:

My car is the GM Purple Pearl Metallic. I have always liked the black mirrors, roof, grill, and headlight housings off setting the purple, so I would get the stripes in Black.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:02 PM
1st Gear Member

The side stripes look really good, not a fan of the hood lines though. If I were you I'd get a plain black stripe with no writing, and I'd stop at the fender instead of continuing onto the door like in the pic. I've seen these fender stripes on 1st gens. Idk if that was stock in 67-69 but it looks tasteful.

Old 03-24-2012, 04:58 PM
2nd Gear member

ya I didnt like it, the more glass in the car the cooler it is. and the new Corvette rear window is big like camaro.