Something is seriously wrong with my car.. and it has to do with a warning light on my guages

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 02:14 AM
4th Gear Member
Default Something is seriously wrong with my car.. and it has to do with a warning light on my guages

Ok.. So i pull into the gas station infront of the QFC and get some gas then i see some buddies in the parking lot so i pull over and they ask me to do a burn out so to please the crowd i lay a brake stand and that little red box with the arrow pointing to some liquid comes on and my burn out isnt as powerful as it used to be but im still laying on the gas alil bit. so i start to drive and i realize that i have very VERY little torque, when i step on the gas my speed increases but my RPMs wont go above 2k... I checked my transmission fluid and it looks alil mucky... Would a cpu scan from autozone possibly tell me whats wrong with my car? I mean if the car says somethings wrong then a scan will name it right? After the light came on i drove 45 mins down the freeway and nothing happened, it just seemed that the car was dragging ***. PLEASE HELP ME! I already owe my dad close to $3000 in repairs from the money he loaned me and i really cant afford this...

Old 11-17-2007, 07:02 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Something is seriously wrong with my car.. and it has to do with a warning light on my guages

I think that arrow pointing to the liquid is a low engine coolant light.
As for the transmission, you better get that checked out.

Old 11-17-2007, 11:06 AM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Something is seriously wrong with my car.. and it has to do with a warning light on my guages

I would stop beating on it

Old 11-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Ninja Administrator

a scan probably wont say much without an SEL. the other lights are specific and dont give codes. your manual will tell u what the symbols mean.

Old 11-17-2007, 01:42 PM
2nd Gear member

This is from a manual for a '99 Camaro about the light with an arrow pointg to a lilquid. Its not much but hope it helps.

This warning light should come on briefly while you are starting your engine. If the light doesn’t come on, have it repaired.
Your vehicle is equipped with a low coolant indicator that is designed to detect when the coolant level drops below the set limit. If the low coolant level sensor (on the radiator) detects that the level drops while the engine is running, the low coolant indicator will light and remain lit until the ignition is turned to OFF. Check the
coolant level and add coolant as needed. The low coolant light might stay on after filling the radiator. Turn the ignition to OFF, then restart the engine to verify that the low coolant light goes out. See “Engine Coolant†in the Index.

It could be thatas a precaution the car cuts off throttle when the cooland level is low, which resulted in yourlow performance.

Old 11-17-2007, 02:06 PM
3rd Gear Member

Maybe its telling you to stop being an idiot. Dude, all you do is ***** about your car and the problems it keeps having. You cry poor mouth then continue to beat the **** out of it. If you want to beat the snot out of your ride (the only one you have) LEARN TO FIX IT! If I was your old man, like my daddid, he should handyou a book and make you learn.

Old 11-17-2007, 02:18 PM
4th Gear Member

hey chappie go **** your self, maybe if you knew what you were talking about id take your advice.. I "*****" about my car all the time, because usually something goes wrong all by itself.. When i first got the car i thought it was cherry, then it went down hill... something to complain about no? Now after having 2000 dollars worth of work done to the car and i hear im having trouble with the cooling system or the coolant or w/e... im pretty sure thats something to complain about aswell.. Id love to learn how to fix my car, but i dont have the ****ing time between school and work, and i dont have the money with all the financial responsibilities i have right now.... all in all you have no idea, so honestly whats the point of even typing anything like that? Are you trying to prove a point about how your daddy was hard on you or what?

As for the rest of you thanks for the help. Ill have the coolant checked out and ill have my transmission fluid and all that good stuff looked at too. I know ive had radiator problems in the past thats probably it.

Old 11-17-2007, 02:46 PM
4th Gear Member

calm down guys

Old 11-17-2007, 03:01 PM
4th Gear Member

you broke the flux capacitor

Old 11-17-2007, 03:09 PM
3rd Gear Member

if youre gonna ***** at someone on here, just go ahead and take it somewhere else like myspace or somethin...these forums are to help others when they have problems, not ***** at people when they ask for help. and btw spartan i like the new sig lol

Quick Reply: Something is seriously wrong with my car.. and it has to do with a warning light on my guages