Random Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 04:21 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Random Questions

Im looking into getting new door panels and seats for my 96 camaro. Where is the best place to buy them?

My bass doesnt work sometimes when i first start my car. I assume its because the heat, how can I solve that? Back glass tint?

The back of camaros that says CAMARO how do you you get those colored. I see some pics that have them a different color than the body of the car. Is it just paint or what?

Ive asked this before but im still unsure. My low traction light comes on when im coming to a stop and also my fender scrapes my tires. I assume there is a correlation there. I have corvette wheels that stick out from the fender? How can I fix it? or should I just buy new rims?

Im considering buying a K&N air filter and was wondering if they are worth it? The price ive seen them at is 50 bucks.

I realize there are a lot of questions here,but i appreciate your input. Thanks in advance

Old 08-22-2011, 04:34 PM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by JOEYCASHCAMARO
Im looking into getting new door panels and seats for my 96 camaro. Where is the best place to buy them?

Best thing to do is find a junkyard and pull everything out yourself, will save you money AND shipping costs, that stuff isn't cheap because of how oddly shaped it is.

My bass doesnt work sometimes when i first start my car. I assume its because the heat, how can I solve that? Back glass tint?

you mean your subs don't work? I don't understand? Did you put them in? Check the ground for everything?

The back of camaros that says CAMARO how do you you get those colored. I see some pics that have them a different color than the body of the car. Is it just paint or what?

Might want to check ebay for that stuff, or search, all kinds of ideas there

Ive asked this before but im still unsure. My low traction light comes on when im coming to a stop and also my fender scrapes my tires. I assume there is a correlation there. I have corvette wheels that stick out from the fender? How can I fix it? or should I just buy new rims?

there could be somethings in common there, is it just your front tires that scrape? Just your back tires?

Im considering buying a K&N air filter and was wondering if they are worth it? The price ive seen them at is 50 bucks.

it will help, but look into a lid as well, that will help as well

I realize there are a lot of questions here,but i appreciate your input. Thanks in advance
think that should do it

Old 08-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Overdrive Member

With the door panels you may be able to find good ones at your local yard. Try to find a car that has not been exposed to the weather for very long for best results. ALso note that the door panels are NOT the same for all years. Yes the look the same but where the door panel meets the dash is different.

93-96 the area near the dash is wider by about 1/4 inch on each side. If you get a 97-02 door panel you will have a larger gap at the door to dash meeting area. Now if you use 93-96 door panels on a 97-02 the door panels will hit the dash and cause binding. I know this from personal experience!!

What sound system do you have? The boze system does not have a central amp so you would need to look at the sub in the rear well. Make sure it is working right before you do anything drastic. If the amp gets too hot then it will shut off.

You can paint the CAMARO letters if you mask the body panel off really good. Darling Reject did that on her Sophie, others have used Vinyl decals that can be bought from a number of locations.

There should be no connection to the tires rubbing and the low trac light. The low trak light comes on when your wheels spin or lock up. This is determined by the wheel speed sensors. make sure you are not locking up the rear wheels, and if not then check the front wheel bearings for wear, they can cause the low trak light whne they go bad.

K&N is defidently worth the money. I got about 2 mpg better putting the filter in both my cars. 2MPG adds up over time and with the LS1 it can add up quick.

Massey

Old 08-22-2011, 08:39 PM
2nd Gear member

I wouldn't pick up upholstery at a yard unless you enjoy sitting on a moldy bee's nest.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:10 PM
In the Staging Lanes

my subs work after i play the radio for like 5 minutes. Its a kicker amp and 2 kicker subs.
The fender rubs mainly on the back tires.
I will for sure get the filter, thank you. And what did you mean by the lid?
Thanks for the advice massey. would firebird door panels fit?

Old 08-22-2011, 10:14 PM
2nd Gear member

Not to hijack the thread but whats the difference between a K&N Filter and the Standard FRAM Filter I have now?

Old 08-22-2011, 11:47 PM
2nd Gear member

$40...