A question about my grill

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 10:43 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default A question about my grill

I just took off my billet grill to see what was underneath. I like whats underneath but its too plain. Im thinking about painting the Camaro lettering black since the Camaro lettering is painted black on the back of my car. I also want to put mesh in the little gaps that are left because it just looks like a big chunk of lead in the back of the gap and it just doesnt look right to me. If you dont know what im trying to obtain, heres a link to the mesh pieces I want the gaps to be filled with

http://media.photobucket.com/image/1...e/p1010038.jpg

as you can see in the picture, the mesh pieces are located on both sides if the word "Camaro". I would like to insert the mesh pieces because they would match the mesh in my ram air hood and it would fill in the ugly gap. Does anyone know how I can obtain these mesh pieces or will I just have to buy mesh and get it trimmed?

Here is something similar to what I want done

https://www.rksport.com/images/page_...e_Camaro_2.jpg.

You can tell it has the original grill with the two mesh pieces but the Camaro lettering is still the same color as the car itself. I just want my lettering to be black. If hope you can picture this in your head. Im sorry for all the text, im just trying to paint a picture of what im looking for :/

Old 10-27-2009, 04:32 AM
3rd Gear Member

if you want to ut the mesh in you can buy some an trim it down, but you still have the holes where the origional grill went, you can have then filled and painted but obviously thats not cheap. Maybe the rk style grill will be better and less hastle?

Old 10-27-2009, 08:58 AM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

That's an interesting idea to add the mesh there. It looks like it might have been done by someone, not bought like that. If you look at it close, the left side piece pattern looks a little crooked compared to the right, so that makes me think someone just bought some mesh, cut it, and made it to fit in there. I've never seen individual pieces like that to just buy, but that doesn't mean they don't exist either. It could have been asked to do too by a shop because they have their grille holes filled in, so there might be more custom work there involved than what you think. I dunno about the painting the lettering though, ever consider just inserts? I painted the front 'Camaro' but I kept the billet on. I wanted 'Camaro' to be seen, but not have any imperfections in my unsteady hand be noticeable. They do make different screens for scoops, to match the billet more, but I'm not sure if they have any to fit your hood. I've seen some for the SS style. But like Maudy said, the holes where the grille went are somewhat of an eyesore if you stick with the mesh idea.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:30 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Well I was just going to take a counterscrew and use it on the holes so they at least look factory made instead of hand done if you know what I mean?