Okay so I bought it

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 11:56 AM
H2C
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Gorn
Your key does not directly power up the fuel pump. Your Key powers up the PCM, the PCM powers up the fuel pump. If the key is not used then the PCM will assume someone is trying to steal your car and it will not let the motor start. As craby said above step one to getting rid of the keys is changing the PCM program and removing the cars VAT system.

Right now your push button is just on on off for the starter. To get rid of the key you are going to need to deal with all the wiring connected to your ignition switch. That is a LOT of rewiring. If getting the Vats programmed out of the PCM is not enough to make you rethink getting rid of the keys then remove the underdash cover and look on top of the steering colum at the ignition switch. Your going to have to rewire all of that. IMO that should negate the cool factor of having a push button start.
I don't like wiring as it sits, so it sounds like I wont be touching any of this.
Thanks lol.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Thats the issue I have with mine. Sure the push button start is cool, but since I still have to put the key in and turn it on, whats the point? If anything, im interested in how to undo this mod.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:18 PM
H2C
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by GreenMamba
Thats the issue I have with mine. Sure the push button start is cool, but since I still have to put the key in and turn it on, whats the point? If anything, im interested in how to undo this mod.
Cause it makes the ladies act like T-tops...
(Leak)

Old 07-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

You have a 4th gen camaro and you think a Modd is going to help with the ladies? I have no idea where to begin with how wrong that is.....

Old 07-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

You have a 4th gen camaro and you think a Modd is going to help with the ladies? I have no idea where to begin with how wrong that is.....
lmao... And if that's what he needs to get the ladies to go into t-top mode. Then....well....yeah....that's too bad! lol

Old 07-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Originally Posted by H2C
Cause it makes the ladies act like T-tops...
(Leak)
in all reality if you want some help with the ladies sell the camaro and buy a mustang. ladies go crazy for those pos cars.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:14 PM
1st Gear Member

In H2C's defense, there are plenty of Trailer Park Cougars out there that love a Z28

Old 07-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Originally Posted by GreenMamba
In H2C's defense, there are plenty of Trailer Park Cougars out there that love a Z28
ya but we live in SC and these people go crazy for the 3rd gens. (i always thought the mullet and third gen was a joke until i moved to the south lol)

Old 07-22-2012, 11:23 PM
H2C
2nd Gear member

This status blew up while I wasn't looking, but I did get one of my dates all excited (Not like that) when I let her start it back when it was all on the dash.
LEL I actually just lost the old V-card to that girl last week, I loved her
then we broke up...
Gotta stop drinking...
Which wire do I interrupt to make a fuel pump kill switch? Is it the gray one?

Old 07-22-2012, 11:56 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

yes but its not good to run the motor outa gas, better to cut the injectors.

Quick Reply: Okay so I bought it