No front plate + tints

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 06:10 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: No front plate + tints

Yeah, with drug trafficking through Mexico and the illegal alien issue cops are pretty paranoid out here. I wish two plates were not rerquired though becasue the front would look so much better.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:27 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I just got pulled over for the fourth time in 10 months, first time it was the blackout covers second time it was 90 in a 65 plus something about lane changing but after the cop wrote me the ticket and I signed it I got really upset about ruining my perfect driving record (still clean by the way) started crying (Yes I am such a girl) and the hard *** cop couldn't be mean anymore and tore it up as he walked away. Got pulled over again for speeding by the ******* that made me remove the covers but got out of that one and now I just got pulled over today for no front license plate but just got a warning from the cop that all his co-workers are *******s and I might get a ticket for it. I got a 95 and I can't find a stupid bracket for under 30 bucks. This blows!!!!!

Old 08-19-2007, 11:44 PM
4th Gear Member

wow.. u dont have very much luck! [&:]

Old 08-19-2007, 11:57 PM
In the Staging Lanes

They just love pulling me over cause I am a chick in a fast car. Lucks got nothing to do with it. Maybe I should shave my head....

Old 08-20-2007, 02:12 AM

You guys crack me up. To much cop bashing lol. There are good cops and there are bad cops. Unfortunately thats the way it is. Someone made the remark that they do not buy the protect-a-cop story about the tint and that if they were to shoot a cop that they would do so with or without the tint. Let me ask a question and I want everyone to think about it really hard. If you were a police officer and you stop a car at 2 AM on a stretch of road known for drug trafficing andYOU know that the individuals in that vehicleKNOW that your nearest backup is miles and minutes away at best, which believe me can feel like an eternity, you approach the vehicle you see that the windows are totally blacked out with tint, and you have NO idea at that point if there is a firearm pointed at you from the other side of that window that you can not see through........ Would you at that point wish that there was no tint on those windows. I do. Yeah I think tinted windows look really nice and hopefully none of you would ever dream of shooting a cop but the officer that stops you doesnt know that because he doesnt know you. If its illegal in your state but you choose to do it anyway your just giving a officer another reason to stop you. Besides being a chick in a fast car of course.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:55 AM
4th Gear Member

I want to be in law enforcement and my dad is in law enforcement.. and all this anti justice system of america bs gets under my skin.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:14 AM
In the Staging Lanes

They just need to make special flashlights that can shine throught the tint and then everyone would be happy. Chances are though tint or no tint if the person plans on shooting the cop then soon as that cop leans over he could be gone. I not only want tint cause it looks hot but also for safety. On many occasions I have been stalked by creepy guys and on more than one occasion have had to hurry my *** to the PD and sit in the parking lot until the guy circled the block and then took off. Being a chick in a camaro gets a LOT of attention and its not always good. I wear hats when I drive just so people think at first glance that I am a guy.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:03 PM

I can understand your situation. The flashlights we carry on duty are bright, but you have to be right on top of the window to see through and like you said by then your already right there. Its just nice to be able to see through as early as possible. I dont bust people for having tint. I have never stopped a vehicle just because the front windows were tinted. IWILL use it as a reason to stop the vehicle if I think there is something else in the vehicle.The windows on myZ and pick-up are not tinted because I cant in good concious stop and write a vehicle for something that I have done on mine. But thats just me.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:01 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Ok I understand the tint and even the stupid front license plate but I dont get why we cant have black out covers. My cop friends in Wyoming said you can see me tail lights just fine but here in Cali they made me get out in rush hour traffic dressed like a hooch just to take the darn things off. He could have at least let me pull off the road to do it.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:08 PM
4th Gear Member

lol well whos fault is it for dressing like a hooch? [8D]. Yeah cali is strict.

Quick Reply: No front plate + tints