No front plate + tints

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 05:06 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: No front plate + tints

i have limo tint on back and side windows, but, the way they put it on it looks like it is IN the window(they do make actual tinted/smoked windows i guess) and the one time i got pulled over, he said he pulled me over for my seatbelt... black interior and had black shirt on(it WAS on), then he complained bout my stereo being loud(1200 watts on 2 12 inchers) and then saw tint in back window and asked me to roll window up, i did and he said "oh, it's in the window". needless to say, i got away without tickets, he never even noticed front plate gone, lol. it is on now though.

whats funny is i was in lane next to a trooper in a blazer today doing 55 in a 40, talking on my cell(it was on spkr, but not hands free, was on lap), and didnt even realize i passed the trooper... and i was like oh ****... but he didnt even glance at me. nothing like laughing in a trooper's face.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:54 PM

Hell no on the front plate with my 2000 maro. Its ugly as hell and I will roll the dice without it. But it can get you out of a speeding ticket also.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:15 AM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: bluovlh8er

you never say it looks better fool. just say you cant figure it out or someone backed into you and broke it so your going to chevy to get a new bracket.
well actually, i did say that, but i followed with "im going to the auto parts store actually right now beleive it or not, and the cop followed me there haha!!! they have nothing better to do sometimes i guess" i put the plate on and drove past him and pointed out my window at the bumper and he waved hahah

Old 07-27-2007, 01:09 AM
1st Gear Member

so for those of you that got busted for either tint/no front plate or both, did it affect ur insurance or no points for those? If you live in ny that would help even more. thanks

Old 07-27-2007, 02:49 PM
1st Gear Member

im getting tint and im sure ill get pulled over but so be it.if they want to pull me over they will find something anyway so it doesnt matter what i do to my car. and luckily here in Delaware no front liscense plate is required.i have one on there anyway because there is a spot on my front clip for one so i have my all black with a chrome and red 3 for dale earnhardt.looks badass from the front too

Old 08-02-2007, 07:41 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I live in NY and the plate tickets I got didn't affect my insurance at all.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Well, my problem now is that someone stole my front plate!
Sheriff gave me a grace period card til it is found since my rear plate remains. I will be in no hurry since Catfish look *****in without front plates...

Old 08-06-2007, 03:40 PM
1st Gear Member

***UPDATE*** - just got pulled over again for no front plate. Twice in two weeks. awesome.

edit: before the kicker was that I got a illegal tints ticket when i bought the camaro off of a cop who put the tints on. The kicker this time is that I was only out driving because Nassau county Police Department lost my money order that I mailed in to take the next nassau county police test. So i was out going to pathmark trying to track the money order receipt number.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:50 PM
3rd Gear Member

We all drive Cop mangets.....If you are in a pack of toyotas,hondas,and nissians. and someone is speeding, whose getting the ticket? They are all racists, J/K. They just want what we have and it pisses them off their old lady wont let them have toys...

Old 08-08-2007, 07:57 AM
1st Gear Member

I reckon Bzman better stay single then!

The deputy that came by to get my stolen tag report liked my Camaro so much he didnt leave for an hour, looking it over.
Saw a lovely Z28 in pewter commuting to DC and it had a DC front plate that said, 'Taxation Without Representation'!

Quick Reply: No front plate + tints