more problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: more problems

the thing that people forget is that a shop cannot charge you for work that you did not instruct them to do. one thing they do to screw people is to do work they didnt need to, and when people complain they say "its already done", or "where already started" and people give in to not have to deal with it. you only have to pay for what you told them to do, and even then they will have a hard time getting all that money out of u in small claims court.

the more u wait on this the harder it will be on you but you need to get ur car the hell out of there. the balancer needs parts? OMG like imort said, its integrated to the damn crank pulley, its 1 peice, its just a damn wheel! that Dbag told u a boldfaced lie and ur bending over and saying "please sir, may I have another?". we could just shut this thread down now, but i think it will be more beneficial ffor you to hear another 30 people come in here and say the exact same thing we have been saying - take your car OUT. no matter what happens you will end up ahead of the game than if u leave it with them.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:02 PM
2nd Gear member

well i tried, but its my mother's doing not mine she wont let "a 17 year old" run it all, she said she doesnt have the time to drag it all around the place and get quotes and what ever. so its whatever now

Old 03-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Ninja Administrator

is she paying for it? because i guess that changes everything. if its ur money tell her (as nicely as possible, bbecause its ur mommy) to go to hell. but if its her cash she can deal.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:07 PM
2nd Gear member

yep its hers, shes just pissed because for once shes going to use her credit card and not her debit card. -_- she cant be ok with oweing people money. so i just get the zhit... but this isnt a rant, nor do i suspect you guys want to hear all this so, i geuss ill just deal.

thanks for all your help though

Old 03-12-2008, 04:08 PM
3rd Gear Member

i wish my mommy would give me 7k to dump into my car. dude, take the cash and buy a new car, and part out your old one.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:09 PM
2nd Gear member

thats exactly what i was thinking, there was a 98 Z28 with 110k for sale for 7225 -_-

Old 03-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Ninja Administrator

at least let ur mom know the mechanic is lying thorugh his tooth.

the crap he listed, even if all 3 of those parts disintegrated, wouldnt cost you 1.6k. and even if they is something wrong, dont need to be replaced by some jackass like that.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:24 PM
4th Gear Member

thats why i got a "family" mechanic to do my work hes worked on all our cars from our 1993 Ranger to our 2000 Benz E something. So i knew i could trust him. Plus he only charges 40 bucks an hour and gets discount parts so that does hurt either. My ignition, waterpump, hoses, opti and powersteering pulley cost me 3000 and thats parts and labor.

Honestly if i were to go back id just sell my car and find another z28... thats 3000 i could have friggin supercharged my car or something... anyway what their charging you is crazy rediculous... go for that new Camaro.. usually a newer car has less problems (but have it checked out before you buy.. learned that lesson the hard way...) plus more ponies.

Edit: When my P/S pulley ripped itself outta the aluminum bracket i attemped to see what exactly was going on so i had my alternator off and thetow truck guywalked around my car saw it wasnt "in operating condition/missing parts" and he told us AAA wouldnt cover the tow... until my stepdad called em andyelled at emfor an hour or so and got another truck out. So what im saying is idk if all companies will tow a car that is missing parts or w/e due to liability... then again the trailer trash tow guy coulda just been too lazy and didnt want to tow my car.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Ninja Administrator

3k for a couple pulleys and hoses isnt that great either

Old 03-12-2008, 05:34 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

3k for a couple pulleys and hoses isnt that great either
wasnt just that. new ignition stuff, new keys to match the security relay, hoses, accessory bracket, water pump, opti, new p/s pulley, new radiator cap, radiator flush plus he gave me a newoil filterand all the labor.

Quick Reply: more problems