more problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 02:01 PM
2nd Gear member
Default more problems

so the garage called me and told me that my opti is cracked, my harmonic balancer is missing parts(?), and my water pump is leaking... they said this will add another $1600 to the bill but wont include labor, sicne all it is is slapping it on or whatever... what do you think?

Old 03-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: more problems

of course they did [>:]
do they include a rim job?

baseballer, i like u and all man, but im done trying to help u out with this. how many members in the last thread told u that u were geting royally screwed? you could buy a brand new opti, or even a performance upgrade part, new water pump, AND a whole set of pulleys for way less than they are adding to your bill. I would tell them to go straight to hell, not to touch ur car, and that you are having it towed to someone who will do the work without screwing you over. i dont know how they know the water pump has a problem if they have already done the work to diagnose ur problem that thing should be off the car by now. chances are they are still reving it up [:@]

Old 03-12-2008, 02:16 PM
1st Gear Member

What was it suposed to cost originally that it is another 1600?

Old 03-12-2008, 02:27 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: qmracer

What was it suposed to cost originally that it is another 1600?
$5300

Old 03-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Overdrive Member

Opti is cracked

Wow, I'm not even sure what to say man. Get your car the hell out of that shop...

Old 03-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Ninja Administrator

we have tried slvr, he is going to go down like all the rest of the poor saps that have been taken at a repair shop. only to learn about 4 months later that he could have done all of it at a legit shop for around 2k or less.

baseballer, last time i will tell you, they are taking you like an 18 year old sorority girl getting her daddy's BMW checked up. "yeah ma'am, its in bad shape. I needs a new motor, chassis, and body panels." [:@]

it is seriously time to cut your losses. get ur car out, if they ***** see what they want u to pay so far, if its unreasonable AT ALL (remember, u will be talking to them about this about 3 seconds after the dismount and ur cleaning urself up) threaten legal action. u have the upper hand, its your car, your title. they cant keep it

Old 03-12-2008, 02:40 PM
2nd Gear member

well apparently theres no motor in it, so how would that work, after all this time have them put my old one in?

because wouldnt it still come up to be over 1600 anyway if i were to take it somewhere else, and have them lift it out and replace the parts anyway?

Old 03-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Overdrive Member

You don't know how much it's going to cost until you call another shop, and it sounds like you went with the first shop that told you what was wrong, which is a good way to get ripped off. We've all done it, but usually we're not talking thousands of dollars when we get ripped off, you're talking $7000, that's a whole new car...

Tell the shop you would like to have them stop working on your car for the time being. Call a shop that's not at a dealer and ask what it would cost to either replace your current motor with a new one or rebuild a motor that had a bad bearing. You never konw until you ask.

Oh, and as far as no motor, what does it matter? You shouldn't be running it with a bad bearing anyway, and a tow truck doesn't care if it runs or not.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Ninja Administrator

u can tow that car all over ur city for under 200 bucks. so dont worry about the cars condition, just have a flatbed go pick it up. u have the right to pull the plug at any time. get a better quote and if they complain wave that in their face and ask them if they think they can collect their charges in court.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:13 PM
3rd Gear Member

dude, your getting raped and it sounds like you like it if you havent picked up your car yet, if the opti is cracked, more than likey its just the cap, the only thing that the balancer could be missing is a bolt, it one piece. a brand new water pump is only $150 bucks, get a lawyer and pick up your car.

Quick Reply: more problems