LT1 vs LS1

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 01:17 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: LT1 vs LS1

ORIGINAL: RS.Camaro.SS

^ Who peed in his cheerios?
Nobody peed in my Cheerios. I just can't believe that after 9 years this debate is still carrying on. I don't even hear the Ford boys crying about the 4.6L Vs. the 5.0L anymore.

Just wait until the 2009 Camaro debuts. Nobody's even going to care about the LS1 anymore. The only reason people care about it now is because it's the last engine (for the time being) to be put under the hood of an F-Body. Hell, if the L98 was the last engine put under the hood of the F-Body, people would probably still be carrying on about thatengine...

Old 08-22-2007, 03:19 PM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: RatedZ

Just wait until the 2009 Camaro debuts. Nobody's even going to care about the LS1 anymore. The only reason people care about it now is because it's the last engine (for the time being) to be put under the hood of an F-Body. Hell, if the L98 was the last engine put under the hood of the F-Body, people would probably still be carrying on about thatengine...
Just because an engine is not the most recent powerplant in a car doesn't mean that people stop talking about it, GM hasn't put a big block into a factory Camaro since 2nd gens, but people still talk about them, and people definately still care about them. Mopar came up with hemi technology in the era of classic muscle, are you suggesting that just because it's old technology makes it something that nobody cares about? Go talk to the drag racing industry and ask the top fuel guys what style of motor they run...antiquated technology makes the fastest accelerating vehicle on the planet, but it doens't matter 'cause it's old right? Everyone likes to talk about the powerplant that they have, plain and simple. Some other things that I'd like to address from your previous post is the fact that, sure in thoery an aftermarket head for an LT1 can have similar flow numbers to that of an LS1 head, but this still does not make up for the fact that you can still get better flow velocity out of the LS1 head, high flow will only help you at high rpms, high velocity helps you in the low end. Ah yes, and of course if you overrev the car isn't going to break, thank you captain obvious...if you overrev an LT1 you can kiss your berrings goodbye too...what's your point? Obviously nothing is a flawless design, unless it's made of unobtanium...

Old 08-22-2007, 03:46 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 95slvrZ28

ORIGINAL: RatedZ

Just because an engine is not the most recent powerplant in a car doesn't mean that people stop talking about it, GM hasn't put a big block into a factory Camaro since 2nd gens, but people still talk about them, and people definately still care about them. Mopar came up with hemi technology in the era of classic muscle, are you suggesting that just because it's old technology makes it something that nobody cares about? Go talk to the drag racing industry and ask the top fuel guys what style of motor they run...antiquated technology makes the fastest accelerating vehicle on the planet, but it doens't matter 'cause it's old right? Everyone likes to talk about the powerplant that they have, plain and simple. Some other things that I'd like to address from your previous post is the fact that, sure in thoery an aftermarket head for an LT1 can have similar flow numbers to that of an LS1 head, but this still does not make up for the fact that you can still get better flow velocity out of the LS1 head, high flow will only help you at high rpms, high velocity helps you in the low end. Ah yes, and of course if you overrev the car isn't going to break, thank you captain obvious...if you overrev an LT1 you can kiss your berrings goodbye too...what's your point? Obviously nothing is a flawless design, unless it's made of unobtanium...
Hmmm, tell me about the last time you heard of an LT1 throwing its rods. Isn't that what a REV LIMITER is for?

Wow, Inever mentioned that the LS1 head flows better than an LT1 head, did I? Oh, that's right, I did, didn't I?

High flow helps at high RPMs? Really? No way!

Over-revving an enginecausesthrown bearings? Wow! That's news to me!

Thanks for stating everything above,"Captain Obvious."I amnow that much wiserfor having read your above statements.

My turn:

While you were on your soapbox, you failed to mention that while Top Fuelengines employ an old design, theyhave more technology designed into them than any other racingengine on the planet.

You mentioned that Chrysler designed the Hemi design. It disappoints me to have to point out your failure tomention and/or realizethat Ford was the first company to employ a hemispherical design, not Chrysler. It's a good thing that I'm here to correct you, because there may have been some other members that would have otherwise been painfully misinformed.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:08 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

Its not pointless. If you havnt noticed people do still care.And some still find it[sm=interesting.gif]

Old 08-22-2007, 07:20 PM
2nd Gear member

F-body and welll pony car owners in general still are talking about the LT1 & LS1's....

I meen go over and see the Mustang Street and Strip.....there still trying to out run stock LS1's lol.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:43 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

ORIGINAL: Redneck97

F-body and welll pony car owners in general still are talking about the LT1 & LS1's....

I meen go over and see the Mustang Street and Strip.....there still trying to out run stock LS1's lol.
[sm=exactly.gif][sm=funnypostabove.gif]This is true. My friend has a 2000 GT withonly a few modsmods. She was running high 13s and i was still killing her when i was stock. After a few bolt on's i added my wet kit. She asked what the hell i needed it for i was already beating the mach 1 and the pre SC (2002) Cobra's in there stock form. And yes they do still talk aboutthe LS1 and the LT1 as the standerd to meat.or at least how they cant beat us.lol [sm=wootwoot.gif]

Old 08-22-2007, 07:47 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cbr600rx7

Its not pointless. If you havnt noticed people do still care.And some still find it[sm=interesting.gif]
Yes, it's definitely still interesting talking about the LT1 Vs. the LS1, even after 9 years. [sm=boosign.gif]

Old 08-22-2007, 08:44 PM
2nd Gear member

I meen there both great motors. Whats not to love about them?

Old 08-22-2007, 09:51 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Redneck97

I meen there both great motors. Whats not to love about them?
Apparently some people think they're superior to everyone else because they have LS1s. I love it how these same people think they have a fast car and brag about running high 12s, when in fact a stock C5 Corvette turns high 12s. Whoopie, how impressive...

Old 08-22-2007, 10:11 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

you missed the point of slvr saying the hemi comment. he was saying that hemi was the motor chrysler fans fell in love with and "the motor to have" in a chrysler and people still talk about them and they're very desired. if people don't get excited over the past then why did dodge bring the hemi back? just cause you dont care about either of the engines doesn't mean everyone else can't have a chat about it. you just wanted to stir up drama and get people pissed off