Ls1 Performance upgrades??

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 07:10 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Ls1 Performance upgrades??

ORIGINAL: ls1s13

nitrous is pretty simple..you just need to know where to put your bottle. i have mine in the trunk. where to route your lines (anywhere away from moving objects, driveshaft ect) where to put your solanoids (most likly yours will be on the firewall or somewhere close to that) where to but your buttons...there a 2 ways of seting up nitrous 1.spray at WOT 2.spray with a push of a button *fast and furious style* i have a push button mounted on my aftermarket steering wheel. and arming switch i have mine in my center console. and a bunch of accesories, bottle warmers, blankets,automatic bottle openers ect. and to the neon for $100 that changes color too....at the autozone i work at we sell single color neon any where from $30-$100, and also window tint i have my windows tinted. oh BTW if you use a dry shot youll have to tune it befor you use it...if you go wet shot you dont need it emediatly tune it and dont go derict port, youll have to use 250shot or more. witch can prob ruin your motor on stock internals[8D] witch sucks lol
My bottle is also in my trunk, where the spare tire goes.

My line goes out, follows the inside of the rear pass. side wheel well all the way down, then on top of the subframe connectors, then inside the engine bay right around the exhaust manifold and then along all the wiring inside the engine bay on the pass side and it runs between the headlight and battery. Then the solenoid is mounted between the battery and radiator, and the rest of the line runs right in front of the radiator, up into the intake. Like this:

Then, the blue fitting in the intake:

I just got into way too much detail on this post. lol

Old 12-18-2008, 03:31 AM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

ORIGINAL: shawnathan

problem with neon??
Ok first off dont take this the wrong way. I am not trying to bash on you or flame you just giving you the truth. Right now you have a beautiful car that is in great condition. Most of us our not that lucky to have something that nice when we where your age. NEONs are very umm how do you say RICERish. Plus for a 100 bucks you are not getting true led neons. You are getting cheap knock offs. The F-body is a long and low car to start with if you do decide to add them i would expect they might last a week before you brake one on a speed bump, pot hole, etc. On a personal note if you showed up at a car show with cheap neons on that car i would LOL then walk away in shame. Once again not trying to be mean just telling you the truth.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:06 PM
1st Gear Member

well Ive seen them on a car before it was actually a truck and they looked fine and the length wasn't bad at all and I live out in the country so there is no speed bumps high enough hit the neons 4in in the air and I dont take my car down bad roads with pot holes you know I saved my whole life to get that car and Im not taking down any crap road unless its 100% nessicary but Still i thank you for your input.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:06 AM
2nd Gear member

lol @ neons.

really neons?

ahahaha.

Really tho. If you want neons geta Honda or something. [>:]

Old 12-20-2008, 12:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Realy there is nothing wrong with them and I like to party so I am frequently rolling in and out of places at night and neon will add to my "wow" effect lol[8D]

Old 12-20-2008, 03:11 PM
2nd Gear member

lol not really.....

"looks its the mother ship coming!"
"Wait?!.......nevermind."
"It's a riced out Camaro."

Mustangs & F-bodys are anti rice cars.

Old 12-20-2008, 06:30 PM
In the Staging Lanes

*smackdown* neon is cool... if you wanna talk about riced then stay here cuz third gen is where its at!

Old 12-20-2008, 06:32 PM
In the Staging Lanes

p.s. get out of the special cars forum with your regular chick car... thats not even rs or ss

Old 12-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Ninja Administrator

who are u talking to? the OP has a z28..... this is the ss/z28 subsection.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:02 AM
2nd Gear member

Quick Reply: Ls1 Performance upgrades??