Ls1 Performance upgrades??

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 01:19 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Ls1 Performance upgrades??

I'm not a pro race car driver here I just enjoy driving fast I don't go to drag strips and try to pop wheelies I drive my car to school and work everyday sometimes very quickly, but Then I also enjoy having a unique car that I made custom myself. So I totally respect and enjoy "ricers" because they have a ton more creativity then you guys do... I mean really woo you cammed your engine and put on a bunch of bolt ons wooooooooooooo these guys made body kits, spent time designing their own vinyles, pait jobs made, and made elaborate audio systems and still did sweet stuff to the engine.Christ if i would have known all you people were so narrow minded that you dont respect other car enthusiast I never would have came here and asked for your help. I mean seriously why cant we both exist and respect and help each other instead of saying ohh look a body or taillights that are not stock that so "Ricer". come on grow up

Old 12-22-2008, 01:35 PM
Ninja Administrator

well.... first of all those guys rarely make their own things.... rare enough that the word "never" is almost appropriate. so they BUY (not MAKE) some body kits, and then they attempt to race everybody with nothing but a home-made CAI and some very minor exhaust work. THATS why i hate those things. Im a big fan of custom trucks and low riders. I have yet to see a "ricer" that isnt being played off as a fast car. and my car is a DD too, I have only taken it to the track a few times, and it doesnt pull wheelies either. doesnt mean a wheelie isnt badass.

one of my HS friends did fiberglass his entire interior. he did a good job, until it got scratched to hell.THAT is the problem with alot of the ricers. the work isnt clean, or at least doesnt stay clean long. unpainted body kits, god aweful paint schemes, shoddy work.....

if u want underbody lights then by all means. sometimes they can look ok. just dont do anyting dumb like strapping neon tubes under the car..... if ur going to do it do it right.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:49 PM
2nd Gear member

ok spec here you go......as for ricers...supras,skylines,and s13, and s15 silvias. i love those + i love my zx2 even tho its a ford

Old 12-22-2008, 01:53 PM
1st Gear Member

well yes I realize that there are lots of cheater "ricers" out there but I've seen some nice *** tuners before pushing more horsepower than my camaro with all custom work you know dont put those people in the same catagory because more of them than you think do work on those rides.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:56 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ls1s13

ok spec here you go......as for ricers...supras,skylines,and s13, and s15 silvias. i love those + i love my zx2 even tho its a ford
see this guy also thinks they look sweet you just dont have respect for them because alot of them are all looks no speed but not all are that way

Old 12-22-2008, 02:02 PM
2nd Gear member

well all the imports i see are all show and no go..exept for the s/c rsx running around town...i herd hes makin 350+hp to the wheels and it looks good to, i think he went a lil bit overboard with the cabon fiber...hood, rear hatch, frond bumper side skirts, and rear bumper all have carbon lips, and super light weight rims. its white and looks good but to much carbon for my taste.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:15 PM
1st Gear Member

yea Im not a big fan of lots of carbon fiber.

I saw a supra at a car show that was around 400rwhp but on that hot import nights show they have A LOT of cars around the same and better than a stock ls1 camaro

Old 12-22-2008, 04:13 PM
2nd Gear member

i love the supra.....just put a 72mm single turbo converion kit and a 4" turbo back exhaust and you have 500+hp...i saw a supra at a dragstrip about a year ago...had 1400hp!!!! with no nitrous...they did a dyno run with a direct port nitrous kit and made about 1600-1700hp....it was a beast

Old 12-22-2008, 05:19 PM
2nd Gear member

Just outa curiosity why did you buy a z28 if you like imports? Camaros are not supposed to have body kits 'big wings' etc.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:24 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

First off how did we go from talking about LS1 performance too Neons too ricers too 2JZ supra's?

Second if you think ricer guys are more creative then F-body guys you have lost your freaking mind. Custom work hmm yeah i can think of maybe a hand full of people that do CUSTOM WORK and they normaly own very large shops with money in the bank. Buying a gready turbo kit or doing a drop in engine swap does not count as custom work. Yes it is difficult and i give mad props to the guys that do it and i work with a few true TUNERs and have worked with them on many projects in the past. However any car can be made fast its been proven over and over again to say one is better then the other is pointless because every car has a purpos wheather it be cheap, fast, good on fuel, long lasting, ect. When most people refer to RICERS they are not talking about tuners. Ricers are normaly guys that destroy a good car.

Quick Reply: Ls1 Performance upgrades??