Ls1 Performance upgrades??

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 07:47 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Ls1 Performance upgrades??

yea to bad I don't have an 99-02 so I could get the 400 package but yes my camaro does have t-tops . Yea so what are you guys thinking for tranny?? I'm realy thinking the 350 kit and some neon then when I start up working get the headers
errr i envy you i want t-tops...neon??? i have nothing agenst it...for the tranny the shift kit give youa lilbet quicker shifts but idk what else, if you hade a 6spi would recamend a short throw shifter and lightweight flywheelbut you seen to be well on your way..just remember to save up some money for some suspention mods and some brake mods too since you have new tiers your good there...to me you pretty much perfect for now..you can do better burnouts for the ladies LOL

Old 12-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Ninja Administrator

I actually wouldnt do a lightweight flywheel for an ls1. some people do it with ok results. I cant remember the exact reasoning....... i read an article on it when i was choosing my clutch/flywheel combo. they basically just said that the way the car builds power you will want the extra weight to keep it from bogging on the launch.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:02 PM
2nd Gear member

oh ok i have it but i hardly ever take the car to the track so idk if it boogs or not..ill have to try that this spring to see.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Ninja Administrator

you will DEFINITLY notice if:
1. you reduce your rear gear ratio
2. you increase the profile of your cam

if i remember right u are planning both of these..... you may be in for some trouble.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:10 PM
2nd Gear member

you will DEFINITLY notice if:
1. you reduce your rear gear ratio
2. you increase the profile of your cam

if i remember right u are planning both of these..... you may be in for some trouble.
yeah im putting a bigger cam in it and ive decited to keep my 4.10's but buy 3.90's just in case..so i might have a prob then so mayby a oem replacment flywheel will be in order.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Ninja Administrator

get an aftermarket stronger steel one. thats what I run.

i dont have time to do it now, but i could look up why i chose the steel later. one article (i think from centerforce) convinced me.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:55 PM
1st Gear Member

yea its actualy multi color neon(it can change) and its only like 100 bucks and it adds some massive help on the sex appeal side lol. So I see you threw some nitrious in your ride and are looking to cam it is your engine compartment as cramped as mine cause if it is good luck removing the engine[:'(]And back to the nitrous was that a pain to install, where do you keep your bottel and do you have a sweet side perge valve
I just installed new rotors and one caliper (it on during storeage and raped the rotor when I drove it)
And as for suspension I am actualy having a possible problem on the front drivers side with a loud hollow thuding sound when i hit bumps and I have been underneath it and the guy who balanced my tires put it on a lift and took a look himself and he didnt see anything broken or out of place any idea what that is???I am also Thnking (again when I get money witch for this might not be for a year or more) About putting a nice air ride system on her any comments about that??

Old 12-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Ninja Administrator

you dont need to remove the engine to swap the cam. remove radiator and push AC condenser out of the way and you have enough room to slip it out

Old 12-16-2008, 10:05 PM
1st Gear Member

well that will save some trouble down the road

Old 12-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Ninja Administrator

the hardest part of the swap is replacing valve springs. everything else is pretty straight forward. your radiator is mostly held in place by the intake cowl. getting the hoses off of the water pump is kind of a pain too tho........ but none of it is as technical as removing the engine

Quick Reply: Ls1 Performance upgrades??