looks wise, do u prefer 4th or 5th gen camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 07:31 AM
In the Staging Lanes

The 4th gen is the best looking Camaro to me. Mostly because being born in 1990, that is the Camaro I grew up drooling over in car mags. I have always liked curvy cars more than boxy ones. the 5th gen is just too big and boxy in appearance. The subtle differences they made with the new z28 have helped the looks of the 5th gen immensely.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:16 AM
June 2010 ROTM
Ride of the Year 2010
ROTM Winner's Club

Between the two I love the 4th gen. My oldest memories of being around a camaro was when I was little sitting in my late uncles last project before he passed away. It was a 68 rs. So I have special fondness for first gens and esp. 68s. My grand parents at the time had a 83 cross fire z28 when I was born in 92 that my grandma drove and I still remember sitting in the car seat in the back looking thru the tops and being able to see where I was. At the same time my dad had fox body 5.0 and I couldn't see out of that so i hated it. I remember when the 02 when out still have all my mags on it. For the longest time I liked the third gen over the fourth but now I just like all then gens with first gen taking top spot

Old 05-29-2013, 09:09 AM
2nd Gear member

I personally like them all. I've had a "passion" since 1990 when my dad bought me a 81 z28 that looked brand new. Everything shined on that car. So I blame him for the fact that Camaros are more important to me than my husband of 21 years lol. And yes, he knows that! So when it comes to comparing a car to a relationship, my car has never said anything hurtful to me and it ALWAYS makes me feel good

And a Camaro IS a sports car in my opinion.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dana
I personally like them all. I've had a "passion" since 1990 when my dad bought me a 81 z28 that looked brand new. Everything shined on that car. So I blame him for the fact that Camaros are more important to me than my husband of 21 years lol. And yes, he knows that! So when it comes to comparing a car to a relationship, my car has never said anything hurtful to me and it ALWAYS makes me feel good

And a Camaro IS a sports car in my opinion.
Concur. Even with LT1 oil leaks, my Z28 never gets as messy as the spouse does...

Sports car can be many things to many folks, and ponycar is the best term, but a 4th gen handles well enough (and is raced enough) to be called either. Muscle? If you have enough power...

The plant in Quebec needed to be closed so GM could not update the F-body, although it is correct that the Mustang was improving, and took advantage of the lack of a competitor. The '98 restyle is not too bad but I am glad I have a '95; one of Chuck Jordan's last design teams that he oversaw after Irv left.