looks wise, do u prefer 4th or 5th gen camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 06:13 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default looks wise, do u prefer 4th or 5th gen camaro?

seriously, i like the 4th gen looks soooo much more. Sporty cars are supposed to look swoopy and aerodynamic imo, but the last time I saw a new Camaro sitting in a parking lot, my friend looked at it and said, "Yuck! It looks like a brick!" Granted its fast as fuark, but looks wise I prefer 4th.

The styling is clearly supposed to bring back memories of the first generation Camaro, but in places where that car is pretty, and new one is just obnoxious. It looks like what would happen if a 1967 Camaro was squashed flat.

As for the best looking Camaro, I strongly favor the fourth generation (which I am supposed to get mine today )

I hope the 6th or 7th gen camaros get a sleek look, so my imaginary kids can have something nice to drive too (foreveralone.jpg) But its okay i dont need a girl right? cuz camaros = pure sex! right? HUA!

Last edited by Camaro S; 05-17-2013 at 06:36 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:33 AM
April 2012 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

The camaro is not a sports car. It's a muscle car it's suposed to be a tank. If you like sports cars your looking at the wrong model chevy. You may want to look for something called a corvette.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:10 AM
In the Staging Lanes

which is why i said sporty...

Old 05-17-2013, 08:11 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

camaro is a pony car. small with power from a larger car. i like all camaro's

Old 05-17-2013, 08:13 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by craby
camaro is a pony car. small with power from a larger car. i like all camaro's
yeah thats one thing i like about the camaro community, all camaros are appreciated. In the mustang areas it seems like v6's are really looked down upon unless u have the new ones that have more power.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:18 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Ha, We have had the debate of what is a muscles car several times. The general consensus is a muscle car is a big car with a massive motor that can “muscle” that monster down the strip. A Camaro with a big block is considered by most as a muscle car. A V6 Camaro is not a muscle car any more than a 69 Caprice with a 350 2 brl carb is. “Sports Cars” are general built for a purpose while giving up creature comforts for handling and speed. The Camaro , Mustangs and Challanger fall in the Pony car category, a mid size car that handles well.

As for how great the Camaro looks? I love 4th gens, I own two, but the general public does not like them. Remember the 4th gen lost the pony car war the raged for 30 year. In 2000-2002 GM had a real tuff time getting people to buy these cars even with the “ahead of its time” LS1. I have never heard anyone say the 4th gens failure was because of engineering or performance. It is agreed in the industry the failure of the 4th gen was styling and customer focus. It was simple the wrong design for the people that could afford it. The 5th gen has been outselling the Stang, something the 4thgen did not do. How history will judge the 4th gen who knows but the car business judges based on sales and today the 5th gen is kicking the 4th gens tail lights.

In My opinion if GM had not revamped the 4th gen in 98 and would have done a redesign what was less sports car and more pony car GM would kicked the mustangs butt because of the LS1. GM lost sight of sports cars and pony cars and built something that tried to be both but was neither. I like the combination (as does most on this site) but most people do not.

Last edited by Gorn; 05-17-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:14 PM
In the Staging Lanes

The 4th Generation came out when I was in high school. It was the beginning of my interest in fast cars and I fell in love with the 4 Gen. I remember watching the Motor Trend test drive of the 30th Anniversary Edition and dreaming of owning one. Bought one 2 years ago. For me, the 98 redesign killed it. I'm not sure which one came first, but it reminds me of a Sebring. The 93-97 style shares some blood from the 3 Gen front end which I also like.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:32 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Well nobody really answered your question did they, so I will. I have owned a second gen Firebird, 2 third gen camaros and a third gen firebird, 1 fourth gen camaro, and one 5th gen camaro. so yes I like these cars. From strictly a looks stand point of view I think the 5th gen Camaro beats all the rest by a wide margin. My personal preference list strictly on looks would be:
1) 5th Gen
2) 3rd Gen
3) 2cnd Gen
4) 4th Gen
5) 1st Gen

Old 05-24-2013, 09:12 PM
Overdrive Member

Both. Love the look of my 4th Gen SS (and my RS now especially with the Ultra-Z style hood!), and the ZL1 and Z/28 5th Gens are sharp too!

Some older 1/2/3 Gen Camaros are nice, if restored well -- never owned an older one...

Last edited by libertyforall1776; 05-24-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Overdrive Member
Lightbulb

But with some suspension upgrades, it will handle NOTHING like a tank! lol

Originally Posted by Camambro
The camaro is not a sports car. It's a muscle car it's suposed to be a tank. If you like sports cars your looking at the wrong model chevy. You may want to look for something called a corvette.

Quick Reply: looks wise, do u prefer 4th or 5th gen camaro?