Im back and lookin at a 97 T/A

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 03:42 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Im back and lookin at a 97 T/A

like spartan, i'm easily tempted to buying a car i like, but you should really hold out for what you want. I'm looking for a clean ls1 with around 50k miles and right now have about $10,000, which is still not enough. I'm tempted all the time to just say "screw it" and get an ls1 with high mileage for 8 grand or less, but in the end I just gotta keep saving and before you know it you will be able to get what you want. don't give into the temptation

Old 10-04-2008, 04:17 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

JD: I know you dont sugar coat things.. but you dont have to be... with all due respect.. an *** about things... 95 didnt sugar coat things but he was more logical in how he presented his opinion. he didnt come off as insulting or demeaning... but being of your age Id expect alittle more logic about how you approach people with your "advice".

Whammer: Blazer didnt break down, still runs strong but its no gas saver and i need every cent i make to go towards the "car of my dreams" and stop spending it on gas. Saving even a few bucks on gas will help greatly.

98: Your right a foxbody stang would be nice and im looking for one of those along with a Z or a T/A. however with a few extra grand more id be able to get a nice clean one with reasonable mileage.
No disrespect Spartan, your usually pretty good, but JD is just calling things the way he see's them, I may not always agree with his opinions, but at least he will tell you the truth about things. I'll do the same thing, most people wont like me for the way I talk to people, but I get there attention dont I?
another thing, if you want to save your money, why buy a 4cyl? I understand there better on gas, but even if you only spent 1500 on the car, in order for that to pay off in fuel savings, you'd have to go without your V8 for 4 - 5 yrs unless you sell your blazer first, so if you dont plan on doing so, then Id say just fix it and drive it till you have enough money.
PS, My company is hiring, starting at 11 an hr, so if you interested in comming to the cold....

Old 10-05-2008, 12:48 AM
4th Gear Member

Oh yeah, sold the blazer and im lookin for something small.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:50 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

How much did you sell it for?

Old 10-05-2008, 02:21 AM
4th Gear Member

3000.I cleaned it up real nice with all the stuff we use at work. On top of that my friend gave me the subs from his old jeep and the next day i had about 3 hits and one was able to come look asap and said they wanted it.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:10 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Oh yeah, sold the blazer and im lookin for something small.
What happened to your Z28 did you fix it or sell it.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:19 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Get a corolla, lol, I know that the 88-92's with a 5 speed will get 42 on the highway, their a lot lighter than the next body style. You can also fit 17's under them really easy. The later model ones had painted bumpers, and some had a/c. Mine had an aftermarket sunroof. That thing was reliable as heck. After I wrecked it, some guy bought it, pulled the engine and tranny, and put them in his toyota. Somewhere the soul of my darling is pulling around another car.

After the $800 paint job, I got complements everywhere I went. lol, it was de-badged, so people were always asking what it was. They got a shocked look when I told them it was an old corolla. I put the 92 tail lights on it for a cleaner look.

I've also still got the grant steering wheel and install kit. If you get one, pay shipping and I'll send it to ya cheap.

I wish I had a pic of it after I waxed and detailed it. This was taken the day after I brought it home from the painter, and it's kinda dirty.

Name:  beforewreck.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  139.5 KB

Old 10-07-2008, 06:13 AM
2nd Gear member

I'll sell you my car Spartan for 3 grand. Good luck getting it to Washington though. What happened to your Z28, I can't remember, did you sell it? I bought another car, that's why I'm selling

Old 10-07-2008, 02:40 PM
4th Gear Member

Yeah i sold the Camaro because it had a mechanical misfire and was running on 7 cylinders, the opti was going bad because of a leaking water pump it was coming time to renew the tabs and it didnt have any emissions controls on it and was just a tuning nightmare.. all sorts of important things were tuned out of the computer. Then i got arrested for doin that donut and figured my dad was going to kill me and make me sell it anyway. Finally my hours were getting cut at work because business was slow and we had too many people working at the same job until two of em went to school leaving three of us and now i have more hours i just need a car that i can save gas money with. The blazer wasnt doing that, in fact it got WORSE mileage than my camaro.. 3770lb 4x4SUV with a 4.3L V6 and an18.5 Gallon tanksucks *****...

Old 10-08-2008, 04:00 AM
2nd Gear member

wow this thread is some funny ****,i drive my dream car. maybe you should buy a mustang it sounds like it would be better fit for somebody like you. or maybe even a geo metro,or a miata.cause it dosent sound like your quite ready for a real car yet.

Quick Reply: Im back and lookin at a 97 T/A