Old 09-29-2008, 09:00 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: Im back and lookin at a 97 T/A

that well said was meant for the one above spartan

Old 09-29-2008, 09:28 PM
4th Gear Member

Yep. Im done talking about this.. If i get it i get it, if not oh well.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:59 AM
Overdrive Member

Spartan, we're not telling you what you should or shouldn't do. One more thing to consider, even if you have "every tool under the sun" and good amount of tech knowledge that doesn't mean that parts are always cheap. You can knock out the labor, but it could pan out to be an expensive endeavor, especially if the frame is bent or something along the lines of that. Just because it drives straight doesn't mean it's perfectly straight.

Let us know how this all pans out for you.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:38 PM
4th Gear Member

Yeah, im not gettin mad at you silver.. youalways present your advice/knowledge in a level headed professional demeanor and i have great respect for you.. its everyone else who wants to put in their two cents about how stupid this would be blah blah blah.. I have no problem taking advice or what have you. Its the way people give it that i have a problem with.. But just to make everyone happy. I decided against the T/A. Im going to get some 4cyl and save money for what i really want... I suppose its a hit i have to take but with my budget your all right, i cant afford anything thats worth it.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:42 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

Yeah, im not gettin mad at you silver.. youalways present your advice/knowledge in a level headed professional demeanor and i have great respect for you.. its everyone else who wants to put in their two cents about how stupid this would be blah blah blah.. I have no problem taking advice or what have you. Its the way people give it that i have a problem with.. But just to make everyone happy. I decided against the T/A. Im going to get some 4cyl and save money for what i really want... I suppose its a hit i have to take but with my budget your all right, i cant afford anything thats worth it.
Gee that's maybe what everyone has been saying all along. Sorry, I don't sugar coat stuff and I call them as I see them, if that hurts your feelings....oh well.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:02 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

did i miss something spart? what's wrong with the blazer? did it die or something? i'm confused

Old 10-01-2008, 08:05 PM
2nd Gear member

jd now dont be rude lol... but spart thats the best thing to do would be wait to get wat you really want... and if you still wanna have fun with a car go look at a 5.0 stang still a v8 and still fun to drive for cheap... thats just a idea for ya....

p.s whammer if i make it back to mn in time you better come up to porky's!!! we can have a big f-body meet!!! plus i have a firehawk to kill!!!!!

Old 10-02-2008, 12:28 AM
4th Gear Member

JD: I know you dont sugar coat things.. but you dont have to be... with all due respect.. an *** about things... 95 didnt sugar coat things but he was more logical in how he presented his opinion. he didnt come off as insulting or demeaning... but being of your age Id expect alittle more logic about how you approach people with your "advice".

Whammer: Blazer didnt break down, still runs strong but its no gas saver and i need every cent i make to go towards the "car of my dreams" and stop spending it on gas. Saving even a few bucks on gas will help greatly.

98: Your right a foxbody stang would be nice and im looking for one of those along with a Z or a T/A. however with a few extra grand more id be able to get a nice clean one with reasonable mileage.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:03 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Look for a 5speed corolla, I got 42 mpg on the highway easy with my 1988 corolla. lol, and it was a little smoke machine too, lock the e-brake, and it'll spin them tires all day

You can grab one for a grand, and a nice one for 2-3 grand. They're a really reliable car too, and very simple and cheap to fix if something does break.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:12 PM
4th Gear Member

yeah thats what ive been doing. I found a couple nice little 4cyls.

Quick Reply: Im back and lookin at a 97 T/A