Im back and lookin at a 97 T/A

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 04:24 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: Im back and lookin at a 97 T/A

why are you selling it 98ss4real? and see spartan, these are the kind of cars you need to be looking at. don't just go for a car because you can actually afford it. go for something you can afford that you REALLY want

Old 09-29-2008, 05:20 PM
4th Gear Member

You kno what im tired of? Im tired of all the **** i get around here.... I bought a pos camaro... i know this... Thats the only thing ive had problems with... Now, ive looked at this Trans Am up and down. Its in pretty damn good condition. You guys wouldnt know because you havent seen it other than the picturesand you certainly haventdriven it.. It may have a rebuilt title but it wasnt bad enough to deploy the airbags it was just bad enough that the original owner didnt want to pay to have it fixed. I think you guys have some belief that the more money you spend the better the car is going to be.. and that may be true.. but listen to this. We had a brand new truck come into the dealership. Fresh off the trailer.. well someone took it out to run it to the storage lot to pick up another truck... on the way back the truck just off and broke down andneeded a new motor... This is a $40,000+ truck with less than 100 miles. Now myBlazer i bought for $2700 and ive never needed any major repairs that cost memore than 100 bucks or that i couldnt do myself.. WhenI can afford the car i dream of Ill get it... Do you all drive your dream cars? I highly doubt it..Im sure theres something bigger better you want.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:24 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: whammer3024

why are you selling it 98ss4real? and see spartan, these are the kind of cars you need to be looking at. don't just go for a car because you can actually afford it. go for something you can afford that you REALLY want
I mean god damn... Who are you to tell me what kind of cars i should be looking at? Hell my Dad tells me the kinds of cars i should look at too but i have no interest in his suggestions...I mean first off i dont have 13,000 dollars... and 2nd off what if this is something i can afford and REALLY want? I mean a black LS1 T/A is something i really want but cant afford and dont see myself affording one for almost a year..

Old 09-29-2008, 05:35 PM
4th Gear Member

The rebuilt title should be enough to scare off from that car, but hey what do I know about things like cars. You are the only one to blame for the grif you catch around here, you have brought it all on yourself. Why can't you save up another couple grand? This way you can look at many many more options and not just this one car, that has been hit and has a junk title. If you don't want to listen to our advice, that's fine, but don't back here when that thing has issues.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:00 PM
4th Gear Member

ok.. well go tell that to all the people around here who buy their camarosand then come around here asking for help with **** that breaks... these cars break.. their not extremely high quality vehicles to begin with, but their not cheap japanese plastic either...Plenty of people have been around saying "looking a Z28" and it ends up being a junker just like my camaro. Yet JD i hardly see you giving them "grif"

yes the rebuilt title makes me a bit concerned but other than the front bumper the body lines all match up and it drives straight. But dont worry IF (if being the key word since i still havent bought the trans am yet) it does take a ****, youll be the first to know...

Old 09-29-2008, 06:02 PM
2nd Gear member

why dont you take a loan out ? thats wat i did and i already have both my cars paid for i have no payments anymore........ i am selling cuz im moving back to mn in about 2 weeks and school starts soon and i dont want student loans, and i am gonna wait till the new maro comes to get another camaro... thats if i can sell my maros

Old 09-29-2008, 06:33 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

You can't live without a v8 for another year? I dunno spartan, wrecked cars often hide secrets, this I know as a fact. My grandpa rebuilds totaled cars and sells them, he has a lot of tricks to hide defects that you won't notice at all until you own the car for a year. Like my Buick. It was totaled, we bought it from him knowing this. 2 years later, the paint on the steering wheel is falling off (airbags deployed, so he painted a new black steering wheel blue and put it in), the body isn't nearly as straight as it appears, and it vibrates on the highway at 70ish. Small things yes, but there's always a nicer car for another grand. My dream car is a 1979 Jeep Cherokee Chief with a blown 572 big block, boxed frame, turbo 400 trans, dana 60 rear, exhaust that exits out the hood and points straight up, and the front of the frame c-notched so the front bumper can be slammed. I'm looking at a 30-40 grand truck, and I'm perfectly happy with waiting for many years until I can build it.

If this pontiac is what you really want, and you honestly think it's perfect, go for it. But when you find that the owner hid some things from you so he could sell it, don't say we didn't warn ya. But you might do some more shopping.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:33 PM
1st Gear Member

It's funny to me when people go on a forum, ask for opinions, and then get mad at honest opinions that people give. Now here's what I do......if I see a car I want, and I have the money, I buy it. I don't ask if anyone else thinks I should buy it, because I'm grown and I don't need back-up to make me happy with my decision. So if you want the car, man up and get it. Don't ask other people if you should.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:54 PM
4th Gear Member

did i ask if i should or shouldnt get it? No... Did i ask for Opinions? no... I believe that i only asked if anyone had a carfax account...If i get it i get it... If it breaks down i fix it.. I combined with my girlfriends dad have almost every tool under the sun and hes got alot and i mean ALOT of know how. Besides me getting this T/A is still hypothetical. I like it and im willing to take the chance but i told the guy not to hold it for me by any means so either way Im fine.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:58 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

^^^^well said. 98ss4real...i get to be the first one to ride in the new camaro when you get it! and spartan man, idk what to tell you anymore. 3 months ago this blazer was AWESOME and you were so excited about it. now all the sudden you change your mind and have to have a v8 right now. you're one of those guys that will never be happy with what you buy. and yes spartan, some of us do have our dream car.

i give you example A VVVVV

Quick Reply: Im back and lookin at a 97 T/A