I Need Some Opinions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 12:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Buffalo02Z28
Well if its got 30th Anniversary stitching in the seats, it has to be a Z28. Unless they were installed by a previous owner. You should be able to get pretty good gas mileage regardless of which engine its equipped with.

Another question. It being a Z28 over a v6 (or vice versa) is there any pros & cons to that?

Old 01-16-2011, 12:55 AM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

30th anniversary just means that it was made in 1997. Nothing special about the car other than the emblems. And for the record, I've seen MANY v6 cars with the 30th anniversary stitching in the seats.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:57 AM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Basically just insurance and power is the only difference. The 3.8 is a great motor. Probably the best v6 production motor ever established. However the 5.7 LT1 is a great choice for a power house. If you keep your foot out of it, it will get good gas mileage. However, if you're like me and have a lead foot, you'll be paying out the rear to fill the tank more often. Even with the v6 you'll get crappy gas mileage if you can't keep your foot out of it. LOL

Old 01-16-2011, 01:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chaotic94
Basically just insurance and power is the only difference. The 3.8 is a great motor. Probably the best v6 production motor ever established. However the 5.7 LT1 is a great choice for a power house. If you keep your foot out of it, it will get good gas mileage. However, if you're like me and have a lead foot, you'll be paying out the rear to fill the tank more often. Even with the v6 you'll get crappy gas mileage if you can't keep your foot out of it. LOL
Thanks for the info. Ha ha I wouldn't say I have a lead foot, I actually drive cautious and at a decent speed. So, I should be all right in that category.

I live out in the country so it'll be traveling on 40mph narrow roads, so there's no way I can speed. LOL

I did research on it, and I still want to believe it's the V6. I don't remember seeing a "Z28" emblem on the back bumper, but I could be wrong. I just know I would have seen it if it was there.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:13 AM
3rd Gear Member

Do you remember if it had a dual exhaust? Disk brakes on the rear or drums? 120mph or 150mph speedometer? These all help indicate the difference in v6 or v8. A v8 is definitely the better option. It's a bigger engine and a lot more powerful. Not to say I don't love my sixer. It will definitely make a dif in price. At the price is its a good buy for a six but a steal for a eight. Either way it is a sports car and doesn't get as good mileage as a Honda 4 cylinder, but it is a whole much more fun to drive. Did you take a look under the hood? If it had an rs emblem it is a six. Did it have a lip kit? That would make likely make it a six. Hope you get what you want and love your camaro.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:27 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Originally Posted by Brayan99
I did research on it, and I still want to believe it's the V6. I don't remember seeing a "Z28" emblem on the back bumper, but I could be wrong. I just know I would have seen it if it was there.
you could order these cars debadged also someone could have taken them off best bet is look under the hood or if they have a website it might say there ether way great find

Old 01-16-2011, 02:37 AM
Overdrive Member

I want it!! I want a 97 annaversary edition and I really dont care if it is a V6 or V8. My cousin has a 97 SS Annaversary edition and that thing is sweet. I love the white leather and hound's tooth interior.

Massey

Old 01-16-2011, 02:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RFxCamaro
Do you remember if it had a dual exhaust? Disk brakes on the rear or drums? 120mph or 150mph speedometer? These all help indicate the difference in v6 or v8. A v8 is definitely the better option. It's a bigger engine and a lot more powerful. Not to say I don't love my sixer. It will definitely make a dif in price. At the price is its a good buy for a six but a steal for a eight. Either way it is a sports car and doesn't get as good mileage as a Honda 4 cylinder, but it is a whole much more fun to drive. Did you take a look under the hood? If it had an rs emblem it is a six. Did it have a lip kit? That would make likely make it a six. Hope you get what you want and love your camaro.

Yeah, dual exhaust. I have no idea on the 120/150 part. I looked under the hood, but it's been months and I can't even remember now. I don't think it had a lip kit.

If I ever drive past it again I'll stop and look. I'll snap a few pics as well.

If I do get it, it'll be when Spring starts since I have to drive to school 3 days a week, and it's Winter now. I know rear wheel drives don't do too well in the snow.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:58 AM
3rd Gear Member

dual exhaust is most likely a v8, sounds like a steal

Old 01-16-2011, 06:09 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

pictures would help a great deal. if you know anyone that knows cars have them come with and check it out. i bet if you stopped by with 2500 in cash you would drive it away.

Quick Reply: I Need Some Opinions.