I have a weird sound coming from my car.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 09:04 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

took this trans out twice this way without issues. so long as your carefull not to jack it up against anything the pan wont bend. in this picture i was holding the trans up and not putting much pressure on it. anyways this was more to show where the mount is and how it looks.

Originally Posted by Senshi09
CRABY!! BAD!!! You didn't use a board between your pan and jack. Bad bad bad bad bad. I know it probably doesn't matter AS MUCH if the trans is only going a couple inches high, but still.. what if this kid screws it up and then comes and blames you!!

Old 09-22-2011, 09:12 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

yes you can use wheels or just the rims under the frame to insure that if the car does come off the jack stands the tires will catch it. i tend to overdo the stand thing. jack stands and then i leave the jack under there with a bit of pressure on the frame so if it drops it wont drop much. (i have two floor jacks) i also give the car a shove, once the car is up and ready, to see if it moves at all.

Originally Posted by 94ChevyCamaroV6
Is there a way I an change this mount without Jack stands because my dad said he knew a girl In school but her dad died from a car falling on him so Im kinda not sure If I would trust Jack stands holding up my car while I crawl under to change the mount they look kinda un steardy but Idk. Also I probably couldnt use car ramps because I wouldnt want to be able to Jack the transmission up at a angle. Idk. But I wanna start fixing my car Instead of paying people I Just dont have the tools but Im basically asking If there Is a better way to change this mount.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:07 PM
2nd Gear member

I will see If I can find a pair for a decent price then.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by 94ChevyCamaroV6
I am wondering If maybe there Is a website that will show step by step with text and pictures on how to check If these are bad and then replace them because that would be helpful I could buy a car fixing manual but they are In black also white I think so thats kinda lame then.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:49 PM
2nd Gear member

Um ya didnt post anything dude. Then.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Droid

Originally Posted by craby
yes you can use wheels or just the rims under the frame to insure that if the car does come off the jack stands the tires will catch it. i tend to overdo the stand thing. jack stands and then i leave the jack under there with a bit of pressure on the frame so if it drops it wont drop much. (i have two floor jacks) i also give the car a shove, once the car is up and ready, to see if it moves at all.
Hell Craby, if you can bench press 2000 lb, you don't need no stinking jack stand, you don't even need a jack. lol
Seriously, I don't have much faith in jack stands either. I keep 4 old tires mounted on rims and put them under the car tires and lower the car down on them.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:56 PM
2nd Gear member

Lol. Then.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:01 PM
2nd Gear member

This thread, based off the title, is essentially the same as another thread posted by the user. It would make sense to keep a single thread on your issues instead of barraging the forum with multiple questions/threads all relevant to the same issues, IMO. I just hope the OP is actually listening to what people are saying on this one compared to what we were given to work with on the other threads.

..carry on in your efforts to assist.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:05 PM
2nd Gear member

This Isnt a thread that I have typed more than once. Then.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:11 PM
2nd Gear member

*Sigh

Quick Reply: I have a weird sound coming from my car.