How much should I ask?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012 | 12:12 PM
|
In the Staging Lanes

What kind of money are we talking for that kind of transition? Not that I really care about how rough it rides. I drive those cars because they are stock, and it's like jumping into a time capsule. Heck... my red '77 still has the original 8-track stereo. I love that about it. My blue '77 has a new CD stereo, but the car is still exact for the most part. I still wouldn't turn down the opportunity for a smoother ride if the cost was reasonable, but it's just not that important to me. I enjoy these cars for what they are and for what they were. I want to smack these people when they complain about how the luxuriousness is not enough. What in the world did they think they were getting into? They all want to be a member of some club, or be able to say they have one, but they did no research before they went to purchase.

Old 11-30-2012 | 12:33 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Vette Brakes & Products (VBP) makes the stuff.
The rear spring is simply a replacement, under $300. Composite Rear Spring
The front conversion is $930. Front Transverse Spring Kit

Last edited by Camaro 69; 11-30-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-30-2012 | 06:43 PM
|
In the Staging Lanes

For over $1,200, do you think I'll be impressed?

Old 11-30-2012 | 09:13 PM
2nd Gear member

You should try listing your RS on the v6 forums, doubt you we'll get $9500 even there but you odds are better, at least they will understand what your selling. I feel you on the false advertising, I also have the RS that gm made 96-97, though its not as rare. Still love it to death and its going to my son when he turns 16 in a few years.

Old 11-30-2012 | 10:46 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by RSMan02
For over $1,200, do you think I'll be impressed?
The rear leaf is well worth it. I haven't done the front conversion, but would in a heartbeat if I was already looking at having to replace worn out springs and front bushings, etc. Giving your car 3" of front end height adjustability in addition to being able to tune the spring rate is a nice bonus.

Old 12-01-2012 | 09:32 AM
|
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
The rear leaf is well worth it. I haven't done the front conversion, but would in a heartbeat if I was already looking at having to replace worn out springs and front bushings, etc. Giving your car 3" of front end height adjustability in addition to being able to tune the spring rate is a nice bonus.
If it were my only hobby, then I probably would go for it right away. However, I will keep this in mind for when things MUST be replaced. I just don't have enough of that stuff we call "cash" right now. Too many other hobby cars with their hands out. My wife has been staring at my life insurance policy a lot more these days. She seems to look at it more every time I make a new purchase for my cars.

Old 12-01-2012 | 09:40 AM
|
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by fbodyrs96
You should try listing your RS on the v6 forums, doubt you we'll get $9500 even there but you odds are better, at least they will understand what your selling. I feel you on the false advertising, I also have the RS that gm made 96-97, though its not as rare. Still love it to death and its going to my son when he turns 16 in a few years.
I'm glad you agree with me on the false advertising. It hurts guys like us when we go to explaining our rides. I feel that an RS is something special, even though it's not a V8. This is my second RS. My first one was a 25th Anniversary 1992. It was bright red with ground effects. I LOVED that car, but I needed a pickup at the time. I couldn't afford to have both. The cool thing about the RSes in the 3rd generations was that you could actually have a V8. I guarantee my '02 3800 would easily keep up with my '92 305 V8. Thanks for the input.

That is a kick-*** RS you have! The ground effects are awesome and really transform these cars. I wish SLP had put ground effects on the 2001s and 2002s. I would've already added them, but they're not true to my car. Since it's so rare, I just don't want to alter it very much. I'm already having a hard time with the original wheels missing. Your son is going to remember you giving him that car for the rest of his life. On top of it all... it's a convertible! You're an awesome dad!

Last edited by RSMan02; 12-01-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-01-2012 | 12:08 PM
2nd Gear member

Thanks man, what wheels did yours come with? You now it was an option for the zr1 style wheels. An yeah the 16" zr1 are pretty rare, other than the slp RS, 96-97 ss convertible was the only other time they made them in 16". I'm guessing that you already check to see if those are the ones that came with your car.

Also glws
I think the only other v6 car that's rarer than yours is the slp firebird gt. there's a guy camarov6.com that's selling one.

Old 12-01-2012 | 12:10 PM
2nd Gear member

As well I've have had penalty of those 305's and the 3.8 is way faster, especially now that mines cammed lol

Old 12-01-2012 | 02:22 PM
|
In the Staging Lanes

I checked the numbers on my door jamb. My car came with the ZR-1s. It makes me so ill to know that the previous owner did away with them for a set of Cragars. I don't mind the Cragars, but come on! At least hang on to them for the next owner. I'm sure he got some cash for them.