Coolant puddle on floor, Need help troubleshooting the problem.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 12:01 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

if your not going to take the injectors out and have them cleaned and flow tested then try some good injector cleaner before you change plugs.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:20 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I tested my fuel pressure yesterday. It looks good to me. When you turn key to on it goes up to 50psi. When the fuel pump turns off it drops to 42psi. After 10 minutes of sitting there the psi only dropped to 40psi, which according to my manual is in the good range as far as drop in pressure. Then the manual said to relieve pressure down to 10 psi and wait 10 minutes. The psi stayed at 10psi. So this means Im not leaking fuel anywhere and my fuel pump is providing good pressure. The next step in the manual was to remove the vacuum hose from the MAP and apply 10-14 lbs of pressure to the fuel pressure regulator, but I don’t have anything to do that with so...

Im going to check the ECT today. I finally found information explaining why my ECT has 3 pins instead of the more common 2 pin connectors. Now I can finish checking the ECT. I checked the wiring harness for 5 volts from the signal wire and the ground wire is grounded.

The rest of my plan is as follows:
if ECT bad- replace and see if it fixes my no start problem.
if good next-
check/clean EGR
check fuel injectors to make sure they’re being told to turn on
if need be- remove injectors and clean them/check flow/spray patterns.

So that’s the plan. Is there anything I’m overlooking?

Old 10-07-2018, 03:52 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I was attempting to test the ECT. It looks like I got a good resistance reading on the cold start- key in on position. So I started the car and was holding it at about 1000 rpms to let the engine warm up so I could test it at running temp. After a few minutes I got a check engine light and honestly I was like yay! What’s it telling me. It gave me codes P1133 (HO2 sensor 1 bank 1 insufficient switching ) and code P1153 (bank 2 sensor 1 insufficient switching). I guess I need to check those out now. Would they be possibly causing the no start unless foot on the gas problem? Cause after I checked the ECT I was going to pull off the EGR and check it. But I’ll probably look at these HO2 sensors first now.

Old 10-07-2018, 05:33 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Sorry but the PCM ignores the O2 sensors during startup. The information from the O2s is not accurate before they warm up. You can remove them and the car should start the same.

Old 01-03-2019, 01:13 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Problem diagnosed!

I took the car in to the shop. I decided I just didn’t have the right tools to diagnose the no start without foot on the gas. Anyway- the shop has figured it out. The problem was the MAF sensor I bought brand new was faulty out of the box. Also the IAC was bad. I had cleaned it previously but I guess that didn’t fix the issue. So new MAF and IAC and she purrs like a kitten. The tech also found a small coolant leak from the belt tensioner assembly and they’re going to fix that too while they’re at it. Anyway, super proud of myself for taking it all apart and putting it back together the right way! The coolant isn’t leaking from the plenum gasket anymore. The reason it wasn’t running right was because of a faulty part- not because of something I did. Thank you Gorn and Crabby for all your help. This issue is resolved and I’m so excited we can drive the car again! Happy New Year everyone!

Old 01-04-2019, 08:56 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

kool, happy new year