Coolant puddle on floor, Need help troubleshooting the problem.

Old 04-16-2017, 04:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default I broke something.

I got to the part about disconnecting fuel lines and called it a day. It was getting dark. Anyway, here is the video I'm following, and at 2:14 in the video he is disconnecting a cable or wire, and I don't know what it's called. I need to know because I broke mine so I'll have to get a new one. Thanks for your help!

Jenn

Last edited by craby; 04-16-2017 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:32 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

wow he is like the bionic man or something,,, not a wrench or rachet in site,, lol.

Old 04-16-2017, 08:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by craby
wow he is like the bionic man or something,,, not a wrench or rachet in site,, lol.
I know right? Lol! He also does the whole job in 8 or 9 minutes! Do you happen to know what that connector I broke is called? I know it's a fast bit of video. I think it connects to the alternator on the other end maybe.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:34 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Intake is a pretty advance job for a beginner. How are you fixed for tools, do you have a torque wrench?

Hints:
Felpro gasket kit, get the metal elbows.

Parts can't be too clean, When prepping to install the new gasket everything needs to be clean, it is easy to say good enough, don't.
Name:  Intake_VC.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  96.3 KB

Change the oil after you complete the gasket but before you start the car.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:46 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

on the front in that area there is the oil pressure sensor, water temp sensor and the a/c plugins. picture would be good. also the factory manual shows the shapes of the connectors if you need to identify.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:02 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Gorn
Intake is a pretty advance job for a beginner. How are you fixed for tools, do you have a torque wrench?

Hints:
Felpro gasket kit, get the metal elbows.

Parts can't be too clean, When prepping to install the new gasket everything needs to be clean, it is easy to say good enough, don't.

Change the oil after you complete the gasket but before you start the car.
Thanks for the hint about the tools! I don't have anything special. My husband and I were just talking about torque wrenches yesterday. How'd you get your parts so clean? They look brand new!

I know I'm a beginner but I can do it! I just have to be patient and not go too fast and it'll get done. And also- thanks for the oils change step too. That's probably a good idea (plus it's due for a change soon anyway!)

Jenn

Last edited by JennROCKS81; 04-17-2017 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Left a line out
Old 04-17-2017, 09:05 AM
In the Staging Lanes

on the front in that area there is the oil pressure sensor, water temp sensor and the a/c plugins. picture would be good. also the factory manual shows the shapes of the connectors if you need to identify.
alrighty, I'll take a photo and get it on here hopefully today. I have to go to work though and I think I'm going to skip a meeting this evening and try to get some more work done. We'll see how that goes. Have a great day!

Jenn

Old 04-17-2017, 09:14 AM
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Scotch brite pads, Mine is mounted on a power tool. Do not use brown or courser as they will take away the aluminum itself. They need to be clean to ensure sealing.

Just so you understand the reason for the oil change is because even though you have drained the coolant when you pull the intake off coolant will fall into your oil, this can destroy your motor if you start it.

The reason I asked about tools is because some of the bolts can be tuff to get at and a swivel ratchet or swivel sockets can help big time. I have about 35K in tools and I swear whenever I start a new project on a modern car there are tools I need.

Old 04-17-2017, 10:02 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

never had a torque angle gauge before owning a 3.8...

Old 04-17-2017, 11:37 AM
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

never had a torque angle gauge before owning a 3.8...

I believe that is needed for the intake? I know I needed it for the fly wheel also. I think there is a few places a ratcheting wrenches come in handy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Coolant puddle on floor, Need help troubleshooting the problem.