Car pulls left really hard.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 09:57 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Car pulls left really hard.

Heres a bit of back story, over the winter my car started to develop an issue where it would pull very hard to the left. This occurred after accidentally hitting a massive pot hole at a decent speed. It wasn't instant, but over the course of a few weeks it progressively got worse.

Today i decided to change my front struts and shocks as well as inspect for any damage of said pot hole. Granted i should have done this sooner but i have been busy. So after pulling the tires off i didnt see any noticeable damage on the car, but the insides of both my tires have been worn bad enough to where the belts are starting to show. They seem to have an equal amount of wear. This is concerning as the tires at most have 20k on them and have been rotated every year sense I got them. Some people ive talked to have suggested i just need an alignment, but seeing as how quickly this issue developed i feel as though something major is wrong. Any input on what the issue could be would be appreciated.

Old 05-25-2018, 10:23 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

sounds like you bent something. front is toe'd out, wheels point out a bit. check your tie rods, i would look close at the control arm's (aka A frame) upper an lower. you are going to need a front end alignment

Old 05-25-2018, 05:01 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I didnt see anything bent or messed up when i was doing the shocks. I can say i need upper and lower control arm bushings, and ball joints probably wouldn't hurt, but everything seemed solid. Sway bar links and tierod ends i assume were replaced by the previous owner about 3 or 4 years ago as they still look new. I can how ever visibly see negative camber when the car is on a flat surface, its about equal on both sides of the car which lines up with the wear patterns on the tires. Though im no alignment expert so my analysis is probably incorrect.