Another Leak?!?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 11:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Location: Born and Raised in Ironwood Michigan (The Army sends me all over.)
Default Another Leak?!?!?!?!?

OK, so recently I put a lot of money into replacing pretty much the whole cooling system on my car. Today I go outside and find a new leak!!!!!!! After further investigation I find out it is the windshield washer bottle. SO, no big deal really, but annoying none the less. Yesterday was actually the first time I refilled it since I bought the car in November.

After poking around a little I was unable to figure out where on the bottle the leak was coming from. What would be the best way to get at the Windshield Washer bottle so I can fix this? I noticed that GM did what they could to bury it in under everything else on the front end of our cars.

Also, I noticed that on the edge near my headlights are two pop style rivets. See picture for general location: (NOTE not my car)

Name:  headlight-1.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  5.9 KB

Would these hinder my ability to remove anything to get at the windshield washer bottle. After spending all that money getting my car FINALLY leak free. This leak is going to be the bane of my existence. Especially if it is something a little JB Weld could fix.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:25 AM
2nd Gear member

All I can say that just don't give up.
I guess since its plastic and not exposed to high temperature, JB wild is going to fix this matter , but there is some steps u have to follow.
clean around the area with nail vanish ( that girls use on their nails) to remove any any grease. use sand paper to scratch the area so the jb wild would attach in scratched area.
and If I were u I would leave it for month and never do any thing, I dont know what is the weather in ur country. but take a brake now, ur cooling system is good that a great job :-).

Old 03-20-2012, 11:19 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

You have to pull the bumper in order to remove the hood latch to get the bottle out its the push clips up front 2 10mm bolts on either side at the fender and like 10 10mm bolts on the bottom

As for the rivets my 95 v6 didn't have them but my 94 lt1 did I have no idea what there for

Old 03-20-2012, 11:33 AM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Did you fill it all the way to the top? Was the WX cold? I've seen a warm bottle contract when it cools and push liquid out the weep hole when recently filled. It could also be the seal around the pump. I would check all those to begine with.