97 z28 vs. 99 cobra?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 10:59 PM
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: 97 z28 vs. 99 cobra?

i wont get into it with him again. all he does is post hostile responses to everyone, then when someone calls him out he insults them personally with nothing to back it up and then calls me a circus monkey when he cant think of anything to say. im out.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:12 PM
2nd Gear member

Ya, people who fight on the internet are retarded. Nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone, but when you start making it personal, that's just dumb.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:39 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

ORIGINAL: RatedZ

Once again you post without reading, hence the reason I refer to you as the circus monkey. Let's try again.

The LT4 Vette doesn't come with an LT4 "Hot Cam." It's a standard LT4 cam. Upgrade to a basic LT4 cam in an LT1 and you'll pick up about 10 hp if you're lucky. The LT4 "Hot Cam" is totally different from the cam found in the LT4 engine. Comprende? You wanna try reading my original post again?

As for your buddy's 290 rwhp car, it sure sucks to be him. An LT4 Hot Cam kit WITHOUT the LT4 heads/intake will net over 320 rwhp.

Ah, and one other thing. You may wanna take your own advice and try using a little tact, bud. We're not a Honda forum.
why do u insist on taking personal shots when I do nothing but discuss the cars? the dyno sheet i posted was of an lt4 car putting down 294. this is normal. you claim 150hp increase over the lt1 with the lt4hotcam and head/intake. but the lt4 cam +head/intake is 330bhp. so you are gaining 120hp out of just the cam [&:]. I guess... because 320rwhp is a 90 hp gain over the average lt1 dyno.

ur right though, i didnt catch the "hotcam" part and was assuming we were talking only about the basic lt4 conversion. ur numbers are still off. I guess that makes me a monkey and in no way makes you an angry little man . u dont call me a circus monkey for my interpretations. you call me that when i call you out and u dont know what to say. So go ahead and say it again. Ill be dancing in the mean time. anyone seen my cymbals?
I'm the one that insults you? I'm not the one quoting you in my signature, am I?

And you talk about ME arguing with people? Dude, you're the one that started a long time ago with hostile responses, and you're just pissed off because unlike some of these other people, I'll give you a taste of your own medicine.

What's really funny is how you continue to quote my posts, and then make statements claiming that I made, when in fact the statements I really did make are quoted in your post. It's real easy. All you need to do is READ.

Here's a prime example. You mention my numbers are off. They aren't my numbers, THEY ARE GM'S NUMBERS. I suggest you contact GM and tell them that their numbers are off. They claimed that the LT4 heads/intake upgrade including the Hot Cam kit nets 425 hp. GM has just a little bit more credibility than what you do, and those numbers are NOT taking additional machining into consideration! Do you know what's included in the "Hot Cam kit?" Let me help you; the "Hot Cam," 1.6 roller rockers, LT4 valve springs, shims, and retainers.

Then, you say, "320 whp is a 90 hp gain over the average LT1 dyno." Ok, so what type of dyno; Mustang, Dynojet, Dynapack? Let's hear it. Hell, I have an A4, and bone stock my car dynoed just over 250 whp on a Dynojet. You mean to tell me that the average LT1 only dynos 230 whp? That's funny, because I was running side by side with the "almighty" LS1s with nothing more than a cold air intake, air foil, cat-back exhaust, and a PCM tune! You mean to tell me that with those mods, I picked up 70 whp, banking on the assumption that the "average LS1" turns 300 whp on a dyno?

I really don't know what your problem is. Every single time I say something, you make this lame attempt to call me out. If you're going to call me out, at least call me out on something I said, not something you made up, or "missed." Correcting you gets really old.

To simply put it, you just **** me off. Maybe if step off your soapbox fro

Old 10-09-2007, 11:40 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: armynatguard18

Ya, people who fight on the internet are retarded. Nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone, but when you start making it personal, that's just dumb.
Kinda like putting quotes from someone in your signature? A tad obsessive, wouldn't you say?

Old 10-10-2007, 12:37 AM
Overdrive Member

Hey, RatedZ[sm=rant.gif] chill out buddy. I kinda agree with Spectre though, whenever you start to post you always get into these rants where you start making personal comments about the other member of the argument and insist that you're ultimately always correct. I find that most members of this forum are well informed and most of us take in new information in an attempt to futher our quest of knowledge about Camaros and cars in general. You on the other hand have this attitude that displays that you are the end all be all of anything pertaining to...well anything from what I've seen. Just because someone makes an error when they don't read correctly the first time through your post doesn't mean that yo have to flame them about not reading carefully enough, or call them dumb. I would also doubt that the LT4 Hotcam with LT4 heads and intake net 425 hp, because that would mean that dropping an LT4 Hotcam into an LT4 vette would get you 95 hp at the crank...sounds a bit fishy to me since the LT4 hotcam only has .016" more intake lift and .013" more exhaust lift. Intake duration only increases 15 deg and exhaust duration increases by 18 deg.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:16 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 95slvrZ28

Hey, RatedZ[sm=rant.gif] chill out buddy. I kinda agree with Spectre though, whenever you start to post you always get into these rants where you start making personal comments about the other member of the argument and insist that you're ultimately always correct. I find that most members of this forum are well informed and most of us take in new information in an attempt to futher our quest of knowledge about Camaros and cars in general. You on the other hand have this attitude that displays that you are the end all be all of anything pertaining to...well anything from what I've seen. Just because someone makes an error when they don't read correctly the first time through your post doesn't mean that yo have to flame them about not reading carefully enough, or call them dumb. I would also doubt that the LT4 Hotcam with LT4 heads and intake net 425 hp, because that would mean that dropping an LT4 Hotcam into an LT4 vette would get you 95 hp at the crank...sounds a bit fishy to me since the LT4 hotcam only has .016" more intake lift and .013" more exhaust lift. Intake duration only increases 15 deg and exhaust duration increases by 18 deg.
Whoa now, wait a minute. This isn't the first (or second, or third) time he's done this. It's consistent. I can't remember what the subject at hand was, but he found it necessary to continuously gang up on me with one of his idiot friends, for no other reason than I did not agree with him.

I'll repeat to you the same thing that I said to him. The 425 hp figure is not mine, it's GM's.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:44 AM
Ninja Administrator

its the second, rated. the issue there was that you posted information that you heard that pinks was fake. we ganged up on you there because you were actually out of line and your major argument was that it wasnt your information, simply something that you heard. You need to understand, you are nothing but 6 letters on a computer screen to me as I am merely 12 to u and slvr is only 9. I, as well as many of the members here, dont care whose numbers they are. They came from your post, as far as I am concerned they are your numbers. Another way to look at it, you seem to be siding with GM (in that you say they are more credible than me) so therefor while you did not originally supply the numbers, you still appear to believe in them. whether you do believe these things or not is immaterial. I didnt come here to discuss your personal beliefs. there are many people around here that still belive the ls1 fbody is 305hp unless ss or ws6 then 320. I can say my piece but if they want to hold fast to proven wrong information that GM has supplied that is their choice. with the 425, it is just not feasible. You can accept the logic behind that and think "well, this isnt the first (or second or third) time GM has fudged numbers", or not. I dont really care. because everyone else reading will have access to the same information and when more people understand more about these cars the world is a better place

I come here to discuss the cars which is what I do, and when I see information that I believe is false I ask the poster to back it up. Im not always as smooth as silk and thats because I enjoy a healthy debate. But if you look back through my posts here and in the pinks thread you will see i wasnt taking personal shots but simply addressing the topic at hand. We may not always mesh well, but if you cant be ok with that then it really is you that has the problem.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:46 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

its the second, rated. the issue there was that you posted information that you heard that pinks was fake. we ganged up on you there because you were actually out of line and your major argument was that it wasnt your information, simply something that you heard. You need to understand, you are nothing but 6 letters on a computer screen to me as I am merely 12 to u and slvr is only 9. I, as well as many of the members here, dont care whose numbers they are. They came from your post, as far as I am concerned they are your numbers. Another way to look at it, you seem to be siding with GM (in that you say they are more credible than me) so therefor while you did not originally supply the numbers, you still appear to believe in them. whether you do believe these things or not is immaterial. I didnt come here to discuss your personal beliefs. there are many people around here that still belive the ls1 fbody is 305hp unless ss or ws6 then 320. I can say my piece but if they want to hold fast to proven wrong information that GM has supplied that is their choice. with the 425, it is just not feasible. You can accept the logic behind that and think "well, this isnt the first (or second or third) time GM has fudged numbers", or not. I dont really care. because everyone else reading will have access to the same information and when more people understand more about these cars the world is a better place

I come here to discuss the cars which is what I do, and when I see information that I believe is false I ask the poster to back it up. Im not always as smooth as silk and thats because I enjoy a healthy debate. But if you look back through my posts here and in the pinks thread you will see i wasnt taking personal shots but simply addressing the topic at hand. We may not always mesh well, but if you cant be ok with that then it really is you that has the problem.
You come here to discuss cars? Dude, I could sit here and route around this forum all day gathering insults you've made at people, but it's not worth my time, and I honestly don't care.

GM has fudged numbers in the past, and every single time they have, it's the same outcome; the numbers are UNDERRATED. Even if your claim of LT1 cars making 230 whp was correct, those numbers would still equate to over 275-285 crank hp, given figures for parasitic loss. The LT4 was rated a lowly 330 hp for no other reason as to not "step on the C5's toes" when it was to be released. LT4 cars were CONSISTENTLY making 300 rwhp right off the showroom floor. Don't you and your LS1 fanboys claim that the LS1 in the F-Body is making around 350-360 crank hp?

I've driven LS1 cars countless numbers of times, stock and otherwise, and I've driven cars with LT4 Hot Cams; mine and others. I can tell you right now that a car with an entire LT4 Hot Cam setup is making a lot more than 294 rwhp. I have a car with an LT4 setup sitting right outside my window. Just last week i rana C5 Z06 wih an exhaust and intake and had him by about 1/2 car;290-300 whp, my ***. That car's more than likely making around 350-360 whp. For the record, I did not go with the LT4 heads/intake, as the heads I went with are more efficient than the LT4 heads/intake combo together. But, I doubt that's good enough for you. You're right, you know it all, and I know nothing, yet I have multiple experiences with each of these scenarios.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Ninja Administrator

u didnt actually address anything i said. you just got mad again.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:54 PM
4th Gear Member

i don't know that much bout car's, but i know enough.. 425 seems kinda high, regardless who's numbers they are, 400 would seem fair though.

i do know that my dad's one friend has a 97LT1 with borla exhaust, and CAI, and that's it, and he claims it dyno'ed at 250RWHP, which is about 295 at the crank? bout average for what he's done, my dad's other friend has a 99or 00LS1 with Corsa exhaust, and the Ram air hood, he's also upgraded FI's, and has perf clutch on it, no tune either tho. he claims he layed down bout 305RWHP, which is bout 355 crank? Now my dad has a 99 LS1 Vette, with Ram air, Corsa Exhaust, Fabricated X-pipe, upgraded FI, new thermo, chipped and tuned. guy he bought it off claims it does 365 on dyno, which is pushing410-425 crank? now i know someone through my mom's old place of work, has a 2002 35th anniversery Camaro, with exhaust(dont know what), cut out's to run off headers, header's(dont know what), and he has a procharger, and upgraded pulley to do 12PSI. and other unknown mods(not much tho, said couple other small mods) and he claims he hits 425RWHP on dyno, bout 520 crank?

anyway, point is... buy a real car: 3.8!!!![8D]

Quick Reply: 97 z28 vs. 99 cobra?