2500rpms stuck?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 04:06 PM
1st Gear Member

It seems that I have oil/gas in my motor... White frothy substance in the oil filler tube?!?!?!? Seems that a head gasket is bad or a bad valve, who knows, now I have to take the engine apart again for the 3rd time and start all over.......

Old 06-07-2013, 06:48 PM
2nd Gear member

I wouldnt worry too much about the filler cap mine gets a build up occasionally. Just keep an eye on the condition of the oil for contamination. I would also check the fuel pressure under throttle ive seen this happen to cars with plugged up fuel filters before. and i would most definately do a leak down test before i just tore my engine apart assuming things is a waste of your time and money. So, see if you have a leaking head gasket with a leak down test. A leaky valve would not cause gas in oil or whatever, it would just leak compression through the valves, either into the intake or into the exhaust, again a cylinder leak down test will tell you if you are having any issues with that too. A vacuum gauge may help you out too. Hook one up and see what it does.

Here are a couple of links dealing with leakdown testing and vacuum gauge diagnostics:

If possible get a hold of a scan tool that can do live data for obd-1 gm stuff and see what you come up with.

Old 06-07-2013, 07:42 PM
1st Gear Member

I thank you for this info. ill will try a fluid test and a leakdown test, i just have to find equipment

Old 06-07-2013, 08:24 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Sicilian
I thank you for this info. ill will try a fluid test and a leakdown test, i just have to find equipment
You may be able to rent them from a local parts store. They usually charge you for the tool and then refund the money for you when you bring it back.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:55 AM
1st Gear Member

My first step is to get some seafoam and run the engine then do an oil change or two, then I will get the tester kit and do the test, see what happends then but you say if my oil looks like coffee than i'm screwed?

Old 06-09-2013, 03:24 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Sicilian
My first step is to get some seafoam and run the engine then do an oil change or two, then I will get the tester kit and do the test, see what happends then but you say if my oil looks like coffee than i'm screwed?
If there is coolant in it i would say its probably a from head gasket or intake manifold gasket. A leakdown test should tell which one. If you dont get any bad news from a leakdown test get a cooling system pressure test kit and pressurize the system and find where the coolant is coming from. since you said it was on the outside of the engine: your head looked sudsy or whatever it could easily be an intake gasket. More likely that you would see that leaking externally than a head gasket leaking externally.

Anyway you just need to pinpoint exactly where your leak is at. Doing these tests will help you narrow it down and hopefully you'll find your leak.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:05 PM
1st Gear Member

this weather isnt on my side this week, but you miss understood me, the suds are in the valve covers and oil fill tube. I will try my best to get a leakdown test, but now it seems that my alternator is kia, but i'm going to test that asap!

Old 06-12-2013, 07:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Name:  IMG_20130612_191933_zps6b1217fc.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  62.0 KB

I found my issue, but, My question is how can I tell if it's only in the crankcase or if there is coolant on the pistons aswell, and WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE?
What can I do to remove all the coolant from my engine? WHAT CAN I DO?????

Old 06-13-2013, 09:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Bump^

Old 06-13-2013, 10:33 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

drain the oil. should be plugs on both sides of the block to drain coolant from block. i believe i memtioned that you should change them head gaskets when you had the motor out. be a good idea to check heads for warpage and or have them gone over at a machine shop. if you got antifreeze in the oil and the motor was run with it in there then your bearings will be going soon. chemicals in the antifeeze eat em up.

Quick Reply: 2500rpms stuck?