1996 4th gen can u use a old school 350??

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Default RE: 1996 4th gen can u use a old school 350??

it doesnt matter cause in ohio ashland county is a farming so they dont have any emission test, i havent had 2 ever get one done plus here i u say u change ur motor they charge u more for insurence so i dont say anything cause there was a v6 in it b4 less money

Old 04-16-2008, 05:11 PM
4th Gear Member

Holy frigging text message, what the hell are you trying to say??

Old 04-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Ninja Administrator

LOL! are you looking for help or just sharing a funny story with us? i cant really tell either

Old 04-16-2008, 07:35 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

Ok but if the day comes where your area has aREALLY high count of pollutants in the air orfor some reason itbecomes required for emissions testing you wont pass. People dont understand that just because their area doesnttest right nowdoesnt mean that they cant, wont or dont need to. If the state has a certain amount days where theair is really dirty they change the regulationsuntil the air goes back down toa certain standard.Oh and heres another littlefun tid bit.Parts stores thatsell "notstreet legal"parts (ORYs etc.) can be sued for selling illegal parts. Wheither you knew or didntknow if you get pulled over or something for having an ORY you can turn around and sue who ever sold it to you for selling you an illegal part. They knew it was illegal they could have chose not to sell it to avoid lawsuits.. but they are interested more in the money and they know thatnot alot of people know that they canbe held responsible for selling youthe illegal part.

I just thought you would all like to know that incase your state/area does have to have emissions testing one day or it does have emissions currentlyand you getintrouble for having an"Illegal part" you can sue who sold it to you... good stuff to know.
are you sure about sueing a person for selling you an illegal part? I mean i know it doesn't have to do with cars, but stores can sell bongs to people, even though weed is illegal. It's kinda like
"hey were just selling you this as it is, what you decide to do with it is your own business." Maybe i could understand if they installed the ory for you, but just selling it to you?

Old 04-16-2008, 07:38 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 95slvrZ28

Spartan, there's no way that anyone would be able to win in court trying to sue a parts store for selling off road parts. They're specified "off road" and the shop has them listed as such, the shop is no longer liable for what you put that part on once it leaves their store. They're assuming you're using it for a racecar that is going to be trailered to the track. Racecars aren't illegal to have, how can you sue for something that's legal?
yeah that's what i was thinking as well.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:46 PM
4th Gear Member

You can smoke more than just weed out of a bong.. and if they have a part that isnt 50 state legal they shouldnt sell it to those states that its illegal... they should say hey this guy wants us to ship this part to Los Angeles but its illegal there so we cant ship it. Its like in indonesia citizens cant own guns but someone going and selling them a gun the person who sold the gun is also liable.. Or dealing drugs.. not only does the buyer go down but the dealer follows.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:44 AM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

You can smoke more than just weed out of a bong.. and if they have a part that isnt 50 state legal they shouldnt sell it to those states that its illegal... they should say hey this guy wants us to ship this part to Los Angeles but its illegal there so we cant ship it. Its like in indonesia citizens cant own guns but someone going and selling them a gun the person who sold the gun is also liable.. Or dealing drugs.. not only does the buyer go down but the dealer follows.
Are you really this cluless? These parts all state "For Off Road Use Only". So according to your logic, a person in CA cannot put long tube headers on his race car because they would be illegal in that state. Come on Spartan think about what you type for once.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:49 AM
4th Gear Member

Whatever JD . Dealerships and car parts stores arent supposed to sell illegal parts and you know it....

Old 04-17-2008, 12:00 PM
1st Gear Member

When it's stated "For off road use only" you can have it, just not on a "puplic" road, leagally anyways. They sell them for performance reasons for people with trailor queens that take their stuff to the track. Nothing "illegal" for selling it to someone as long they understand that it isn't legal to have it on your highway rig. Makes perfect since to me? If you have an "Off Road H Pipe" then I hear "this fawker isn't for your highway machine." I don't hear "hey, this is illegal so keep it on the down low." Makes since to me? Can I get someone who this makes since to let me know so I don't feel like a dumb ****?

Old 04-17-2008, 12:05 PM
4th Gear Member

I understand that some parts are marked as for offroad use andbelieve it or not most stores have that listed to avoid being sued... Its like a disclaimer... Like i said you can file legal action against a store but if they have it advertised as for offroad use it will be very difficult..

Quick Reply: 1996 4th gen can u use a old school 350??