82-92 Wheels, Tires and Exterior

is it blasphemy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 04:31 AM
Default is it blasphemy?

I'm restoring a 92 RS. Original color is white. I am keeping it basic, no chrome just white and black. You know dark tint, black out lights, white gauges and shifter on the interior. So here is my question; I've been told it has the original anneversary rims on it (don't need to know how to spell that, I'm not married!!), I know they are the original rims because they match the pics of all your guys cars. But mine have white highlights painted on them. If they are not original then it was a professional job cause it looks good. I just don't like it- it's too much. What I think would look really good is to sandblast the tires and have them crome dipped. So if those are the original tires, and if I did that would i be wrong?

Just looking for some opionions from guys who have been around camaros alot longer than i have. THanks.

Old 10-05-2006, 11:38 AM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: is it blasphemy?

you are actually talking about rims here, not tires. as far as getting them chromed, if you like it go for it because chrome, almost always, looks good and that car holds no real investment value so you're not ruining anything

Old 10-22-2006, 12:09 AM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: is it blasphemy?

I think that the chrome wheels will make the car stand out more. I can't wait to see pics of the car once you complete it.