82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

I finally got my Parts car camaro ( im excited!!!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 11:22 PM
1st Gear Member
Default I finally got my Parts car camaro ( im excited!!!!!)

Its a 1988 base model camaro with a TBI 350 i believe ( it doesnt matter i dont need the motor)
the motor has 248,000 miles on it. paid 500 for it and its a complete car!

most of the body is in good condition except the driver side rear quarter panel is bondoed

both doors are good
fenders are ok, need a little sanding from surface rust and will be good
hood is in excellent condition
nose is in excellent condition
grille is excellent.
trasmission leaks but im having it rebuilt.
everything in the car seems to be in good condition for it sitting a year.

i do have one question about it : i was looking at the steering collumn and noticed that the turn signal switch was busted and only a wire or two was showing from the top of the switch . MY question is , can i use the turn signal switch out of my 86 Z for this collumn out of the 88?

the reason im switching collumns is because my Z28's tilt collumn is shot, it will bounce up and down , something broken inside of the collumn. any help is appreciated!!!!

Old 04-16-2007, 12:10 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: I finally got my Parts car camaro ( im excited!!!!!)

good fine...

Base had a V6 tho...so it must have been swapped in (and i think the 350 only came in the IROC right?)

I'm sure you can use the column

Old 04-16-2007, 03:58 AM
Overdrive Member

Nothing is busted in the column. There are four bolts that come loose. Its a comon thing. An easy fix.
The signal levers will interchange. if its just the lever broke the wires you are seeing are for the cruise control. The switch for the wipers is inside the cover and the lever just turns it. They just pull out and snap back in.
Good buy though. Does it have all the ground effects? That year is the rounder bumpers and bigger ground effects than what your has.
In 88 there was only the iroc and sport coupe models and there was also an optional 305 for the sport coupe.

Old 04-16-2007, 07:13 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MadMikeZ28

Nothing is busted in the column. There are four bolts that come loose. Its a comon thing. An easy fix.
The signal levers will interchange. if its just the lever broke the wires you are seeing are for the cruise control. The switch for the wipers is inside the cover and the lever just turns it. They just pull out and snap back in.
Good buy though. Does it have all the ground effects? That year is the rounder bumpers and bigger ground effects than what your has.
In 88 there was only the iroc and sport coupe models and there was also an optional 305 for the sport coupe.
thanks for the info mad mike, so i probably wont have to switchout collumns then if i get them bolts tightened down.

yes it does have all the ground effects, i intend to use the front piece from the 88 if not the whole kit. the ground effects seeem to look the same but if they are rounder like you said i guess i 'll find out when i go to put them on. thanks for the info though, i will post updates as time goes on.