82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

how much you think this is worth

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 10:40 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: how much you think this is worth

screw these old men on here.[]
blah blah blah hit a tree blah gas blah blah immature.
if i couldve afforded that car when i was 16 i wouldve picked it up in a snap.

just remember drivecarefullyits your car. you dont wanna mess it up. At 16 of course your gonna wanna do burnouts and race on the main strip but remember youDONT HAVE TO RACEwhen someone pulls up next to youand you endanger everyone on the roads life when you do it on main roads.
personally i think its funnier to get people freaked out then just slowly turn when they take off.
offer to go to a track if someone really talks shxt and theyll probably shut up. even better go get a time slip.
bottom line 2500 is a good deal if its clean and is done correctly. take the person you know who knows the most about engines with you and give it a really good look before buying.
and i dont know what you guys are talking about the 2.8l for. ive had one in my 93 s10 for ever and only probs was accesories. (but show me any car with a never endingAlt.) with the same t5 tranny as my camaro and they can handle some shxt just keep putting clutches in them.

Cliff note: BUY IT

Old 08-08-2007, 10:41 AM
1st Gear Member

and dont buy a mustang you baby

Old 08-09-2007, 06:27 PM

dont take anything they say to heart. insurance they go off of the vin# and if you think you can handle the motor f them...... that is a good deal as long as there is nothing else wrong with it... all I have to say is drive it before you punch it! fell the car and get use to itbeable yo control it.

Old 08-09-2007, 08:47 PM
1st Gear Member

that car is modified, vin means nothing unless they can use it to raise your prices, and if it was a smaller motor to being with and you dont tell the insurance company its been replaced with a larger one, and you get in a wreck and they find out about the motor, they can legally refuse to cover you, and you stuck with all the bills plus several thousand worth of fines.

and before you tell him not to listen to any of us, maybe you should read the post first. i dont beleive in not letting someone have a car because its to much motor, especially anymore, when 4 bangers can no compeat with the speed of a v8, theres not point. and frankly i dont think a 383 is to much motor, yeah its alot and you can get yourself in trouble real quick, but its like any car, be careful, show the car some respect and dont rush into things that you think you can do, and the car will show you the same respect. heck the first car i ever drove had a 454 big block under the hood, and we aint talking not stock truck engine either, this beast was a 10 second camaro that my father had at the time.

Old 08-12-2007, 07:17 PM

yo im 16 and getting a 91 rs its a v8 but the insurence isnt suposed to be that much. my dad wants me to
learn about engines and car work. I dont think i could handle somethin like that, i mean, if you think you
wont get yourself killed i would say go for it, but i drove my uncles stroker and he told me to turn the car off cause he thought i was guna kill us. that could be cuz im not the best driver in the world, but it was crazy.

I RECOMEND YOU DONT GET THE CAR

Old 08-12-2007, 10:51 PM
1st Gear Member

a big part of these cars is knowing your limits as much as the cars, you can have the fastest best handlign car in the world, and it wont matter if your a bad driver. its realy up to him to know what he can handle, know one else can tell him that. i know kids who the first time they drive they get it right off the bat, and i know a few that even 15 years from now i still wouldnt wanna ride in a car with.