82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

FIRST CAR NEEED HLEP

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007 | 09:53 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: FIRST CAR NEEED HLEP

Mike, Mike, Mike . . . times have changed, my friend. I have a brother who was adopted from Russia when he was 13, and when he graduated high school, he couldn't form a sentence in English to save his life, but they gave him a "C" in the class to pass him. You see, these days, they pass you if you show up more often than not.I would guess that our young friend here does not speak English as his first language, as his style of communication reminds me of that of a semi-literate immigrant, such as my brother was at eighteen. But hey; kudos to him for going to college!

By the way, I am in total agreement with you regarding the era of text-messaging and it's effect upon the English language. It is disgraceful, really.

Right. Back on topic.

My reason in asking about the 350 tranny is this: I am not sure of the existence of a bellhousing to marry the LS1 to a Turbo 350 tranny. One may exist that I am not aware of, but it seems to me that it would be far easier to upgrade the transmission now, rather than later.

Old 07-14-2007 | 11:36 AM
|

but its not like im getting a grade for spelling in here am i??its a forum for godsake's since when does grammar really matter??for now i just want the car to run so i can move my stuff upstate...

Old 07-14-2007 | 11:56 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Grammar has always mattered. So, too, does spelling and punctuation. It is what seperates: "I helped my Uncle Jack, off a horse." from "I helped my uncle jack off a horse." Do you see the importance now?

ANYHOW . . .

I suppose what I do not understand is this: If money is no concern to you, why are you settling for an older, inferior transmission, when it would be cheaper in the long run and better for you right now, to simply upgrade to a 700R4?

Old 07-14-2007 | 12:03 PM
|

i agree with you, it deos matter but not as much in a forum really...
well imma get the 700r4 but right now...main reason is because the guy who is installing my ls1 engine deosnt have that tranny right now...and well he sells them really cheap,therefore i have to wait until he can get his hands on one...

Old 07-14-2007 | 05:22 PM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: Turtle

Grammar has always mattered. So, too, does spelling and punctuation. It is what seperates: "I helped my Uncle Jack, off a horse." from "I helped my uncle jack off a horse." Do you see the importance now?

ANYHOW . . .

I suppose what I do not understand is this: If money is no concern to you, why are you settling for an older, inferior transmission, when it would be cheaper in the long run and better for you right now, to simply upgrade to a 700R4?
Leave it to you to come up with an example like that. [&o]
Thats nasty!
And if a 700R4/4L60 will bolt up to it a 350 will also. Its the same bolt patern. But you most likely will be happier with a 700R4 because of the 4 speeds and low 1st gear for take offs

Old 07-14-2007 | 09:10 PM
1st Gear Member

i dont know whos installing that engine, but i would love a name any guy that will fully install a ls1 into a 3rd gen for $500 will be getting a call from me, your looking at ALOT of work to get a 350 to run right in a 3rd gen car, and a heck of a lot of money for the parts and computers that you need to do it. i know a kid around here who had a ls1 dropped in a 79 firebird and it cost him $6700 not includding the engine or trans, between parts and labor and he already had the engine pulled

Old 07-14-2007 | 09:24 PM
Overdrive Member

Another thought came to mind is that he will need to instal a torque arm mount some where if he wont use a 700 with one on it. Is that included in the price of the install?

Old 07-14-2007 | 11:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Grammar matters, especially when trying to ask a question. Personaly if someone is going to use ****ty grammar, and type in all caps, im not gonna bother with straining my eyes and trying to figure out what he is saying, im not going to bother with it.

There are LT1 kits for a th350 swap. If money doesnt matter, then go with a dry sump oil system on the LS1.