muffler options?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 06:30 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default muffler options?

im looking at getting a flowmaster for my 91 rs. im in the process of painting and restoring. i want to get some opinions on what flowmaster series would sound the best on my v6... i talked to some shops and they said 50 but i looked on flowmastermufflers.com and it seems like 80 and also thats the only series they make direct fit for my car so i need some opinions...

Old 12-24-2009, 08:48 AM
Default muffler options

Hello all,Was wondering if I should get a complete exhaust system or just a muffler..Exactly what is the difference? I would like some performance but really want it for the sound..Any comments please..ThanksStephen

Old 12-24-2009, 09:11 AM
In the Staging Lanes

well it all depends what kind of sound you want and how big your engine is. I have a 3.1 with some small upgrades. All I have right now with exhaust is a flowmaster 40 series delta flow. the lower the number the louder they are they make an original 40 series but after hearing what i have i think if i went to the original it would sound to raspy. you could also get a high flow catalytic converter for cheaper then the muffler. after market headers would help but i think your best option would probably be the flowmaster 40 delta flow and a high flow cat for now. you might have problems finding a direct fit. they only sold 80 series direct fit for my car but they are way to quite so i had to do some custom work to fit my muffler on

Old 01-06-2010, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by sinfulrs
well it all depends what kind of sound you want and how big your engine is. I have a 3.1 with some small upgrades. All I have right now with exhaust is a flowmaster 40 series delta flow. the lower the number the louder they are they make an original 40 series but after hearing what i have i think if i went to the original it would sound to raspy. you could also get a high flow catalytic converter for cheaper then the muffler. after market headers would help but i think your best option would probably be the flowmaster 40 delta flow and a high flow cat for now. you might have problems finding a direct fit. they only sold 80 series direct fit for my car but they are way to quite so i had to do some custom work to fit my muffler on
how well does it sound with the flowmaster on it...i know they sound good but idk much on the delta flow?