new to the site, just one question for now... :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Default RE: new to the site, just one question for now... :)

i'm fairly good with cars. i was just thinking that you meant look out for this..."blah"

camro69 - yea, i don't have the car yet cause i'm having it towed down to me. since it had been sitting for 7 years ididn't want to go 80mph down the interstate for an hour and a half drive. figured get it into my garage and rip her guts out... then go for a drive. i will be the 2nd owner of this car. the first owner bought it for his 17 year old daughter and she babied it.then she got married and moved away car got parked and forgot about.i have the orignial invoice and all the paper work through the years. includeing the salesmans business card.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:12 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: new to the site, just one question for now... :)

Lemme add to what I stated earlier (and 350 elaborated on...)

Buying a car this old is NOT a turn key project. Its not a 'change the oil and go for a Sunday drive' kind of thing. I have rebuilt almost every component in my car. Ive had leaks, leaks, more leaks and leaks. Ive had timing trouble and a blown engine that was assured to me by a friend as 'rebuilt 20k ago...' My damn speedo still doesnt work......Just when you think you have everything figured out, a new problem will surface. Dont let it discourage you. 350RS and MadMike have saved me from blowing up my car countless times. Just put your wrench down and walk away for a day.

But at the end of the day when you pull up to a gas station and a 12 year old kid and his 75 year old grandfather both look at you and say 'nice car', you can say something like..."yeah, I found it in a lot somewhere, barely running. A lot of time and effort later, well, here she is....then you thumb the throttle, the ground shakes....." Its all worth it.

You might even make some friends along the way. Just ignore most of what 350 RS has to say. Hes been sniffing paint thinner way too long.[8D]

Good luck. Id like to see Pics. Specially of the interior.