marble coat

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 01:02 AM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: marble coat

Things that friends mess up!
This is something I had nothing to do with. I just figured out what they did wrong afterwards
A young friend of mines wife wanted him to fix an oil leak in the timing chain cover on an Olds omega. (the olds/ buik v6) The kid pleaded that he did not know how to fix it but his wife insited. So with the help of many of his good friends that were willing to assist in taking it apart he got the cover off and the oil pan seal replaced (the rope style). After a long time passes he gets it put back together and comes to me because it wont start. He tells me his friends had the engine cranking while trying to stab the distributer because it would not drop it.[&o]
But that is not the worst of it
I wanted to see where the timing mark ended up so I have him pull the cap off and crank the motor while I find TDC. The dizzy was not turning. I make him pull it out and I look down inside the cover and something looks very odd. I have him turn the motor over and there is no movement. I get a light and look deeper inside and there are no bolts in the cam gear! I ask him why they were taken out and he just said he had so many good friends pulling stuff off he does not know why and that his friends split when it came time to put it back together.
You know what they say
"With friends like that who needs enimas."

Old 04-07-2007, 01:38 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: marble coat

hahaha that sucks. far worse than anything my friends have done to my cars.