going to the shop tomorrow want to make sure i dont get ripped off

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 12:21 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by djs383
He meant the price of the part plus labor.... I've seen all kinds of TV cable setups on carbs (holley, edelbrock, Qjets), TBI, TPI, and I've never seen green. I've always just seen the adjuster being black and "D" shaped with the hook end being plastic that slides over the "button" on the linkage. If you have stock linkage, you adjust to the WOT position, meaning the TV cable is fully extended when the linkage is fully extended, providing the accelerator pedal is fully extending the linkage, that is the extent of adjusting that cable. There is geometry issues, but that is only if you did a motor swap and have different linkage. For example I use an edelbrock carb and had to get the corrector bracket to maintain my geometry.. I'm not sure what you meant that you had no WOT shifts though.
i got fuel injection not a carb that could be why.

but heres something i just got off the phone with the shop and they told me that the hook was not on the cable when they took it out. and now there telling me they have to drop the pan to get to the cable... do they really have to do that

Old 06-14-2011, 01:11 PM
3rd Gear Member

Note that I listed TBI and TPI as well. We just don't want to see someone waste a lot of money on a cable replacement. It truly is easy, there is a lot of great information on how to set it up correctly. I understand the fear of burning up the trans.... but I had a harder time with my speedo cable than the TV. But, do what you feel is best for your situation.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:55 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

you can just make a new end. i broke mine during engine removal, and i went through two different tv cables because the aftermarket ones werent the right length. the third one fit, but when i tightened it down into the trans, the bolt stripped the case. it can take as little as 15-20 minutes to do, but getting it hooked up inside the trans and getting it to stay is best done with two people.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:57 PM
In the Staging Lanes

i didnt know what tpi tbi was till i just figured it out, but im glad i took it to them instead of doing it my self if in fact the hook in the tranny was not connected to the orig cable, then i would of had to drop the pan and all that, witch im not even going there

and if i started taking it apart my dad would kill me since i just got done stripping a 1991 dsm parting it out
and plus any problems i can just take it back to them,, but one good thing the guy working on the car owned about 5 of these cars