Bunch Of Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Default Bunch Of Questions

This is is my first third Gen. Camaro and let me tell you I am hooked. I haently have a built 350 getting ready to go in in late spring. I haveinstalled a MSD 6al ingintion with the Super Conducter Wires and a MSD Ingniton Coil. After I install the motor I will be moving the Battery to the trunk. I am also thinking about adding a small fuel cell to use for when I drag race because at the track I want to use the high octane racing fuel but not have to worry about duliting it with standard fuel. Trying to thing of a way to make that work. But anyway I want some idea's on what type of exhaust setup I should use. I will be using header's with no cat. Should I install some sort of roll cage. My engine builder say's I should run around a 7.20 ish on the 1/8 of a mile. Not super fast but great for a street car. I would ike to keep the interior stock because it is in almost perfect shpe. Except missing some trim parts. Another porblem I will have is that it is T-Top's would they fly off or tweak with that much power. Keep in mind I may add a small Nitrous shot later. The rear end is going to get changed.(any idea's welcome). Will subframe connectors help with the t-top's not tweaking r crackng. Also I need new seals for my t-tops they leak in heavy rain. Any idea's or any help will be grateful. My reinlistment bonus for the military is going to pay for this. If anyone wants to email me or give me some advice please feel free to email me at redyellowracer@yahoo.com or im me at redyellowracer. Thanks for all of you help. If anyone needs a almost new 305 I will be giving it away when I pull it out.

Old 01-13-2006, 12:35 PM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM
Default RE: Bunch Of Questions

i would suggest heavy duty sub frame connectors. i have personally seen t-tops shatter and cars literally twist up with that much power in a 3rd gen

Old 01-13-2006, 01:07 PM
2nd Gear member

After I install the motor I will be moving the Battery to the trunk. THINK ABOUT INSTALLING A BATTERY DISCONNECT SWITCH AT THAT TIME - THEY GET PRETTY CONVENINENT AND TAKE LITTLE EFFORT TO ADD WHILE YOU ARE DOING THE CONVERSION. ALSO MAKE CERTAIN YOU USE AN nhra APPROVED KIT OR FOLLOW THEIR RULES (VENT, ETC.).

I am also thinking about adding a small fuel cell to use for when I drag race because at the track I want to use the high octane racing fuel but not have to worry about duliting it with standard fuel. THIS MAKES SENSE BUT WILL GET MESSY AND POTENTIAL A FIRE HAZARD. i'D WAIT ON THIS.

Should I install some sort of roll cage. 7.2 IN THE 1/8TH MEANS YOU WILL BE KNOCKING ON 11.5 IN THE QUARTER, SO YOU MAY EVENTUALLY NEED A ROLLCAGE TO RUN ON SANCTIONED TRACKS. bUT THEY ARE A TOTAL PAIN: SO WHY NOT WAIT UNTIL YOU GET BANNED BECAUSE YOU RAN A SUB-11.5 AND DON'T HAVE ONE? tHEY COST LITTLE (ABOUT $350 FOR A PREMIUM KIT) AND ONLY TAKE A WEEKEND TO INSTALL. yOU CAN GET THE TYPE THAT HAS A REMOVEABLE TUBE BY THE DRIVER AND PASSENGER DOOR 9OPEN THE DOOR, FLIP THE PIPE UP TO GET IT, FLKIOP IT DOWN AND LOCK IT TO SECURE, BUT IT IS STILL A PAIN).

The rear end is going to get changed.(any idea's welcome). gET A GOOD ONE AND ALIGN IT CAREFULLY. IF THIS IS A REAL DRAG CAR GET A LOCKER, BUT REALIZE THEY MAKE IT EVEN MORE EXTREME AND A PAIN TO DRIVE ON THE STREET.

Will subframe connectors help with the t-top's not tweaking r crackng. yOU HAVE TO HAVE THEM.

Also I need new seals for my t-tops they leak in heavy rain. (WHY, THIS IS A DRAG CAR NOW, WILL YOU REALLY DRIVE IT IN THE RAIN? tOO GET ANY TRACTION YOU WILL HAVE TO RUN AT LEAST DRAG RADIALS IF NOT DOT SLICKS AND THEY DON'T GO INT HE RAIN ANYWAY.

Old 01-13-2006, 01:53 PM

Thank you guys for the info. Found alot of it useful. Yes this car will be driven pretty frequent so i have to get the T-Top's In Good shape. When I get my camera back from a friend I will post some pic's. Thanks Again.