What a bunch of Crap......

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 02:51 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default What a bunch of Crap......

I've owned 11 cars in my life, 5 of them Mustangs even, and never in my life have I ever heard of a rack and pinion going bad on any of them. My toyota corolla has 169,000 on it and that thing has never had that issue. I had a 1984 Mustang, never that issue. I hada Mercury Topaz 142,000, never had that issue, I even had a Chevy Lumina and never had that problem. Now I have a 2000 Camaro SS, Chevy's top of the line Camaro with 65,000 original, HEAR IT, 65,000 ORIGINAL MILES.......and a bad or faulty rack and pinion and owe a shop $1200 to fix! WTF?!! This is UNBELIEVABLE! Who designed these things? I can understand struts, shocks, maybe even tie rods balljoints, but Rack and Pinion? This isfrankly embarrassing. My wife is all over selling this car now and I think I'm behind her. I'm venting. WTF?

"Should have bought a Ford"....rings in my head.......I always get ****ed!

Old 12-31-2007, 03:04 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: What a bunch of Crap......

Ill trade with ya

Old 12-31-2007, 03:17 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Seriously if you hate it so much give it to me.Ive never had any and i repeat any severe problems out of a chevy.Just basic repairs,waterpump,alternator etc.Now ford on the other hand every single one of them ive driven or that has been owned by a family member or friend has had severe breakdowns on a regular basis.Speaking of a rack on a stang,my dad had just put one in a 95.Id rather take a beat down rusted out chevy than a brand new ford anything.But to each his own...i guess you just need deep pockets to have a ford lol

Old 12-31-2007, 03:21 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ya what he said

Old 12-31-2007, 03:23 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sethscamaro01

Ill trade with ya
Dude you just got it you wanna trade? Already? Beat on it a little before you get rid of it.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:27 PM
In the Staging Lanes

If i was ever stuck with a stang i think id wrap it around a pole lol

Old 12-31-2007, 03:34 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SnooperSnort

I've owned 11 cars in my life, 5 of them Mustangs even, and never in my life have I ever heard of a rack and pinion going bad on any of them. My toyota corolla has 169,000 on it and that thing has never had that issue. I had a 1984 Mustang, never that issue. I hada Mercury Topaz 142,000, never had that issue, I even had a Chevy Lumina and never had that problem. Now I have a 2000 Camaro SS, Chevy's top of the line Camaro with 65,000 original, HEAR IT, 65,000 ORIGINAL MILES.......and a bad or faulty rack and pinion and owe a shop $1200 to fix! WTF?!! This is UNBELIEVABLE! Who designed these things? I can understand struts, shocks, maybe even tie rods balljoints, but Rack and Pinion? This isfrankly embarrassing. My wife is all over selling this car now and I think I'm behind her. I'm venting. WTF?

"Should have bought a Ford"....rings in my head.......I always get ****ed!
Ok bro just calm down and breath.....in and out.....good....feel better? Ok, look maybe you just got a lemon..??...NO, NO, NO, that's not what I meant! I mean, maybe you just got a faulty rack and pinion, you know, 1 out of a 100,000,000? The car will be back on the road and you'll be driving it and it will be washed and paint will be looking sweeet and the girls will be like" ooohhh nice Camaro!" and you be like "ha ya doin?" and the wifey will be like "what the f&*% are you doin!?!?". You know what I mean? Only a minor set back bro. Stay calm and you'll be enjoying you drive time sooner than you think.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:47 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Alright, just took a trip to the shop and talked to the guy. He asked me,"Where are you going with it?" I said, "Straight home." He said, "I wouldn't be driving it around anywhere, its really not safe." I'm really scared to drive it around with how it wonders. The guy told me that he got the GM price for it and said installed would be $1200 but told me he'd call around with some aftermarket joints on wednesday, and give mea cheaper price. I figure this should set me back about a month or two. If my wife and I hold back $300 a paycheck, we shouldhave enoughin that amount of time. I'm just pissed off right now but a little better since this guy at the GM shop warned me of the safety on it and told me to be EXTREMELY careful and not to drive it around. I guess that's a plus. The guy gives a f&** about his customers, it'scomforting. Oh well, couldn't have come at a better time of the year? Why holidays? I knew something was wrong with it but I didn't think that it would be this darastic. Whatever, I'll get it fixed and go from there. Sorry if anyone who read my first post got offended, I know we have die hards in here and my goal is not to step on any toes. Peace and axel grease. I'm out.