So here it goes, my project thread (2nd gen)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Overdrive Member

Anyone wanna buy a '85 SWB Chebby w/ a 383 and a 4 speed? Or send donations to the 77Nomad HotRod relief fund? Just 70 cents a day could put a smile on the face of a needy Camaro lover. Your generosity will provide desperately needed parts for Damon's dream of one day driving one of the cleanest cars in town. Each month you will receive the receipts from the various pieces he has installed and pictures of progress made on the car. For those who truly want to stop this tragedy can receive my credit card bills sent directly to them for payment. Please act now, this Camaro needs your help!

Old 09-14-2013, 08:10 PM
3rd Gear Member

Now if there was a picture of a sad lipped chump in dirty bare feet kneeling down beside the donation recipient, I would've truly considered it. You forgot "for the price of a cup of coffee" but it is very compelling nonetheless. I've given serious thought to having a "Help Build Tim's Camaro Telethon" but my friends didn't bite on the chance to answer phones for me either....

You're not seriously going to sell your truck NOW are you? You haven't even gotten the ROTM hat-trick with it yet!

Old 09-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Overdrive Member

LOL I may sell to finance the Camaro. I really want a LS and some real nice MPG that goes with it.

Old 09-16-2013, 05:51 PM
Overdrive Member

For the price of a cup of coffee you can get a cup of coffee in a cup. Que the Sara McLockland music.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:30 PM
3rd Gear Member

Isn't she the animal shelter rep? Funny thing is, I bet if I started saving the money I spent each day on cups of coffee in cups I'd have some new parts ordered in no time. I've said this before to you a few different times but I would absolutely love a swb truck. Of course my first choice would be a '67 but even an 80 somethin' would be fine for me. Just too bad I'm in probably one of the more "not even a slim chance" financial situations as far as acquiring another vehicle for the collection! Is there an established listing price yet?

Old 09-17-2013, 09:57 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Maybe you need to apply for a government grant? Or get a "car stamp" program started like the gov. has for food stamps? Heck they give grant money for all sorts of stupid things, so maybe they'll give it for a good thing like a hotrod?
But who worries about gas mileage on a hotrod, or even checks gas mileage? I always laugh when somebody asks what the MPG is on one of my cars! We don't build hotrods for MPG, we build them for ET.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Overdrive Member

I only own hot rods right now. The wifes Cherokee isnt exactly knocking it down a an average of 11.9 mpg. I am gonna try using EFI and overdrive to get me in the 20's at least with the Camaro.

Tim I dont have a price set. I have one in mind but I think its probably way too high. It wont hit the market so if your really wanting it down the rod maybe I can hook you up at a player price.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:58 PM
3rd Gear Member

You sure you don't want to trade for some nice, used wicker furniture?? If I would've been more reasonable, I could've been the proud owner of that in exchange for my vortec heads and Edelbrock intake today. You win some you lose some.... I do like where you're headin' with that offer though!

Old 10-29-2013, 06:14 PM
Overdrive Member

Hey yall! I'm still here. I have made some progress. I finally have the doors stripped of the old paint and they are in bare metal. This proved to be a pain in the neck due to a respray some time in the car past. I think this is where my slight rust under the paint on the shell came from too. No body filler at all but to coats of primer and paint for some reason.
Name:  IMG_20131026_172821_225_zps4e79ff22.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  163.1 KB

I since have put them back on the car but I am out of primer for the foreseeable future. with the holidays coming. I have parts to rebuild my transmission coming and with some help from Tim (78 on my plate) its going down. The TH350 is getting upgraded guts for not only durability but power handling. The center support is being swapped with a 700R4's, hardened intermediate sprag, extra clutches, a Trans Go reprogramming kit, as well as a few other tricks to keep it alive.

The interior is back in for storage purposes and just so I can sit inside and make engine noises with my mouth and slamming gears on my imaginary stick hooked to nothing. The black carpet is left from my '78 with black interior. It's new and I had it so I dropped it in for fun and to see how well the sound deadner works.

Last edited by 77nomad; 10-29-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:06 PM
3rd Gear Member

Think I've been on Facebook too much lately, I was looking for the "Like" button on the bottom of your post! LOL Those doors look awesome man! Thoroughly envious of those things. I'll probably need to either replace the dr side door on mine or get a new skin for it but the pass side is ok, I think. Good progress sir. I actually sat in mine today too, didn't make the vroom sounds (yet) but I did pretend I was cornering a little just so I could turn the steering wheel and have front wheels that actually turned. Felt quite good actually. Glad you got some of those trans parts ordered, you're going to enjoy building that trans for sure.

Quick Reply: So here it goes, my project thread (2nd gen)