The "Slow but Steady" '78 Project Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 09:27 PM
3rd Gear Member

My blower got delivered today! Yessss (in my Napoleon Dynamite voice)

Replacement seat shipment confirmation received also - probably being drop shipped direct from China but so be it.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Sorry didn't read last 77 pages yet, but this is awesome, what blower did you get? E-force mini-? Weiand?

Old 03-14-2014, 12:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1971BB427
Hey Damon, now I'm insulted!!
I'm sorry I have to bring this back lol!!! Big block chevy falcon gasser! After first run= "Alright! a true ford hero stomping the ground" I'm crying inside... because, I love fords..but its just so dang beautiful the harmony. I seen a 440 mopar tunnel ram in a maverick on the net once. I am thinking about putting a 302 ford in my 2nd gen camaro and gasser'sizing it and naming it Ford's revenge! I saw a 2nd gen gasser on tv... I think I'm going to do it!

Old 03-14-2014, 09:56 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by ZL1CAMARO
I'm sorry I have to bring this back lol!!! Big block chevy falcon gasser! After first run= "Alright! a true ford hero stomping the ground" I'm crying inside... because, I love fords..but its just so dang beautiful the harmony. I seen a 440 mopar tunnel ram in a maverick on the net once. I am thinking about putting a 302 ford in my 2nd gen camaro and gasser'sizing it and naming it Ford's revenge! I saw a 2nd gen gasser on tv... I think I'm going to do it!
Since I'm such a dyed in the wool Chevy guy, I can't imagine a Ford in anything! Especially a 2nd gen Camaro!

Old 03-14-2014, 10:01 AM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1971BB427
Since I'm such a dyed in the wool Chevy guy, I can't imagine a Ford in anything! Especially a 2nd gen Camaro!
I agree, true blue Chevy through and through.
Just my 2 cents.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:47 PM
Overdrive Member

I never seen no chit like that in my whole life, what was that chit man??? (said in my best Cheech and Chong voice) So is the "blower" all its cracked up to be? On TV those look like 3" holes?

Old 03-14-2014, 09:49 PM
Overdrive Member

Originally Posted by ZL1CAMARO
Sorry didn't read last 77 pages yet, but this is awesome, what blower did you get? E-force mini-? Weiand?
I believe it is made by either Conair or Black&Decker. Only needed to read two pages.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:38 PM
3rd Gear Member

"I think we're parked man"

The new SCOOP (we gotta move on) is nice actually. A lot more to it than I was expecting. It's about 20" long and the polish job is quite good on it. It'll work just fine for the little bit that it'll be on there for sure. My kids are excited that we have it now, I bought that hood today also so things will be ok I think. Decided to pass on the tail lights after seeing them up close though. Surprised they weren't in better shape as they've been off the car and in his garage for years but were still all scratched to heck and the gaskets were like dried play dough. I felt the gasket and it crumbled in my hand. I did get the tires for the Cadi today so it was worth the trip. Not a good day for going on tour around Northern Michigan I tell ya. Started out with sunshine, turned to a light rain, then a steady rain and ended with almost a complete white out and 3" of the most treacherous slush that was impossible to stop in.

All in all a good week for parts acquisition. The stainless radiator and heater hoses got here today and so did the billet pcv, battery tray, led tail lights, custom (color matched) shift **** for the Quiksilver and the trans temp gauge manifold for the sending unit. New seat is on it's way and should be here next week. Just need some better weather and I can make a go at getting this Camaro put back together.

Attached Thumbnails The "Slow but Steady" '78 Project Build-wp_20140314_19_51_52_pro.jpg  
Old 03-15-2014, 10:01 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Have you ever tried polishing out the scratches on taillight lenses? I have done a few with a product called Novus, and they come out looking like new, even with heavy scratches. It's a two part system. One is a thick polish that looks like rubbing compound, and the 2nd is a thin spray to hit them after polishing. You can buff most scratches by hand with a rag, but if they're heavy you can sand them out with 600 grit, and then use the polish to buff them to like new appearance.

Old 03-15-2014, 12:11 PM
3rd Gear Member

I didn't get into a lot of specifics but the tail lights were pretty much irreparable. I'm all about (and pretty good at) getting scratches out of things and have quite a few different types of plastic polishes, compounds etc. These had cracks, deep gouges and would never look "good" no matter how much work went into restoring them. I really didn't have a need for them anyway, other than to find someone that could use them for their Camaro.

Quick Reply: The "Slow but Steady" '78 Project Build