Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by clacia
Is that a blower?
No that's a bug catcher scoop. It's tied to my twin 600 cfm Holleys and operates off the throttle linkage.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 77nomad
Actually Val my issues with the bug catcher start with everyone and their brother calling it a blower. When I was a metal polisher i always had to do the "blower" for my bosses brothers car.
Well there are enough stupid people out there to call all sorts of car parts by the wrong name, so if I let that bother me I'd have to stop owning a car. I hear guys call flexplates flywheels, and I hear guys call torque converters clutches. There's no end to the stupidity, and we can't stop using every part that someone uses the wrong terminology for.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:34 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by 1971BB427
Well there are enough stupid people out there to call all sorts of car parts by the wrong name, so if I let that bother me I'd have to stop owning a car. I hear guys call flexplates flywheels, and I hear guys call torque converters clutches. There's no end to the stupidity, and we can't stop using every part that someone uses the wrong terminology for.
Sorry if you got offended by calling the wrong part!

Old 03-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Overdrive Member

LOL it doesnt look bad on your car. Put it on a 82 Cutlas Supreme. I dont get offened, I just get tired of guys who try and bench race with me when they find out I'm a car guy when they are not really into cars. They call it a blower, their motor is always balanced and blueprinted. The guy who had to have a valve job or something so now all of a sudden they are ported and polished. You pop his hood and see a dirty air cleaner and a rats nest of wiring. Those are the cars I see them on usually. Now in your case it belongs, looks fine, and works. Ever see anyone screw one right to the hood? Yikes!

Oh yeah! I will add that you also have it sitting atop a big block. With more than go fast stickers for performance. Stickers make it quicker!

Last edited by 77nomad; 03-12-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:13 AM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by clacia
Sorry if you got offended by calling the wrong part!
No, I wasn't offended at all. It's understandable that you would question if it was a blower since it was covered with a sheet. My comments weren't directed at you, they were towards people who actually see it uncovered and still don't know. I've been to car events and had the frontend open and had people walk up and look at it and then say it was a neat looking blower.
Sorry you thought I was referring to you, and apologize if my comment gave that impression.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:18 AM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 77nomad
LOL it doesnt look bad on your car. Put it on a 82 Cutlas Supreme.
Oh yeah! I will add that you also have it sitting atop a big block. With more than go fast stickers for performance. Stickers make it quicker!
Hey, I got my go fast stickers! Had to put the "Super Chevy Service" stickers on the bug catcher so the Ford guys wouldn't get their hopes up when they came over to look at it! You can imagine how many Ford guys got excited to see a Falcon gasser, and nearly cried when they saw BBC power! It's created more fun for me than any car I've previously owned. Nobody gets upset at the Austin having Chevy power, but put a BBC in a Falcon and the Ford guys go ballistic!

Old 03-13-2014, 12:52 PM
2nd Gear member

No, I wasn't offended at all. It's understandable that you would question if it was a blower since it was covered with a sheet. My comments weren't directed at you, they were towards people who actually see it uncovered and still don't know. I've been to car events and had the frontend open and had people walk up and look at it and then say it was a neat looking blower.
Sorry you thought I was referring to you, and apologize if my comment gave that impression.
Not a problem at all mate. Looks nice. The air cleaner is part of it? or just a gauze wire?

Old 03-13-2014, 01:39 PM
Overdrive Member

Lol Val ya big meanie!

Old 03-13-2014, 01:48 PM
Overdrive Member

I work in ford hell. There is amid with a 2012 gt500 super snake. Its putting 750 to the ground. I have my work cut out for me there. Then two other guys have mustangs. Yuke!

Old 03-13-2014, 01:50 PM
Overdrive Member

Val your a big meanie. Those ford guys probably didn't sleep for a week.

Quick Reply: The "Slow but Steady" '78 Project Build