My 1970 Camaro w/ 572 Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 10:44 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

His shipping details say he ships to Canada.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:58 AM
2nd Gear member

Yeah but when you goto buy it, it wont let me because he doesnt have any details about it.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:30 AM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Guess you'll have to send the seller a question to get the answer.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:01 PM
2nd Gear member

The bolt and nut is on its way.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:04 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Sudstoy
Home now. Been to the dentist 2 times in the last couple days and have to go once more tomorrow, then once more next week and am all done. All the fun things after not going for 10 years.

Anyways, nothing really much to report on my car. Been into the shop several times but my buddy is too busy to get it on the hoist to get much of it done. I did however bolt down the new seats and they look great in there. If i am doing alright tomorrow after the dentist i will work on it some more. Need to put in the B&M shifter. Started on that today but lost steam. I will snap some photos of the seats tomorrow.

I do have a question though. I worked a bit on the steering shaft and found that i lost the bolt that holds the intermediate shaft onto the splines at the end of the column. The spot i am talking about is right on the fire wall. It is a special bolt i remember with a square head and almost splines on it. I do not know where this went, and i tried a regular bolt but it doesnt hold the intermediate from sliding off of the column splines. Has anyone ever seen these bolts for sale or know where i can get one? I can take a picture tomorrow if needed.
Hi, the dentist is my enemy....Don't like to go there.
I am stuck with my project as well....

Old 03-01-2014, 02:48 PM
Overdrive Member

My project is stuck with me?

Old 04-26-2014, 12:58 AM
2nd Gear member

Been a while since i posted. Fired it up today for the first time! Sounded great through open headers and 3.5" collectors. Everything electrical was rigged to work but at least i know it runs. I will post a video soon.

Old 04-26-2014, 01:11 AM
2nd Gear member

Guess i should add some information on whats happened so i will do it in point form.

Removed the mechanical fuel pump that i installed and wired in the electrical pump to key on power. The only issue i have here is the key on that i used cuts out in start position so i will have to work on that.

Welded in lower rad mounts

Got water jetted upper rad mounts, still working on getting these to sit tight on the rad, i will post picture of what i am talking about soon, they will look good if i can figure out a away to have them sit flat on the rad.

Removed the MSD6AL ignition in efforts to make it go a little bit smoother when it comes starting the car. When we went to start up the car we did run into some issues. After hours of diagnosing why the car wouldnt start, we found that the MSD digital module inside of the brand new distributor was messed. My buddy had an old Accel one in his shop that we eventually changed the module from. This is after we removed all of other components like rotor, coil and cap first to try and get it to start.

Hmm what else has been done???

Decided against and external tranny cooler and used the one inside of the BECOOL rad. Plumbed in tranny cooler lines, this was a nightmare due to the large primarys and huge collectors. Anyways got this done too.

Wiring...
Already spoke about fuel pump wiring, only issue with how i have it now is i run out of fuel if the engine cranks for too long.
Rad fans are all wired in we just need to clean up all of the wiring and hide what we can.
Need to wire in the electric waterpump - this was rigged to work on startup
Still need to clean up the old *** wiring in the rest of the car.

Need to build a shifter plate and mount it to the tunnel

Still need to order a drive line

Rear brakes are done - ordered flex lines for the front brakes today

Thats about all i can add right now, one of the side effects of car building is beers! I will work on a video now.

Old 04-26-2014, 05:19 AM
2nd Gear member

Well done buddy....Wish to see the video of the first start up. I am happy for you. A long way for me to be at that stage..........

Old 04-26-2014, 09:39 AM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Congratulations! That first fire up is always exciting, and nerve wracking! Looking forward to the video!

Quick Reply: My 1970 Camaro w/ 572 Build