1973 Z28 project rusty gold.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 11:36 PM
2nd Gear member

Lol I've got plenty of choice's here in wyoming for rat rods, stuff doesn't rot bad cause there's barely any humidity problem is with the titles, not sure how that works for pre 50's rods. But for the camaro I want a daily cruiser/occasional weekend racer I don't care to much about competition but some of those autocross's look pretty fun. Not that wyoming has any such autocross's gotta get near civilization to find those, hey Val any such race's out that way? I plan on being near seattle in a few years.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Autocross is very popular in the Pacific NW! They even occasionally hold them in parking lots, but mostly it's done at local race tracks. I've got a friend who's deep into it with his late model Corvette. That car hasn't seen the street since he first bought it with a few thousand miles on it.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:31 PM
2nd Gear member

Awsome, autocross looks like a fun sport.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Overdrive Member

I haven't ever. LOL So I built a car to try it. I want to try the bigger open track day events too. I have no idea were though. Some down by Detroit I think.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:57 PM
2nd Gear member

lol that's the way to do it damon. Can't wait till I get the camaro in the garage, so much to do it's gonna be one fun ride just getting it ready to ride! New job is going great too, I'm a parts guy at a rental shop in town. It's so nice being appriciated for the work I do for once, probably won't ever get overtime but I think it'll work good during college in the fall. Being a certified diesel mechanic next spring will be pretty awsome too if I was certified this year I would have been making $26 an hour at the coal mines!

Old 07-15-2011, 07:47 PM
2nd Gear member

Alright well the garage sell didn't go so well, didn't sell any of my parents crappy furniture. But the good news is my sister finally got got a house and we got all her crap out of our enclosed trailer so now I get to move all my parents crap into the trailer just to get my car in the garage yay!!! suck.
Nothings gonna happen this weekend since I'll be out of town but over the week I'll clean out the garage and get the car moved in, my set backs are annoying but I guess it just means more money gets built up for when I do start.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:43 PM
Overdrive Member

The trick is to price the stuff stupid low, so some idiot goes oh thats a great deal.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:19 AM
2nd Gear member

That's what I wanted to do but my parent's thought they needed to price all of their garbage. Oh well their, crap their garage.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:39 PM
2nd Gear member

Well tomorrow I'm either getting my welder (if home depot has it) or ordering it, so I'll have it by next week hopefully. it's supposed to be an online only thing but I'm gonna check my local HD anyways.

I'm excited to get my own welder to mess with, tomorrows agenda is replacing civic spark plugs and giving it a check up then moving the camaro into the garage and starting the real tear down.
My girlfriends out in michigan visiting family so I've got all day tomorrow and sunday to strip the camaro some more, build the body stand, drop the front sub and rear end and mount it on the body lift. gonna suck in the heat but 100 isn't as bad as it could be.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:54 PM
2nd Gear member

Summit has the welder I want for $30 less the homedepot for that much less I'll just go with summit and I trust them way more then HD to ship it also so this works good. Gonna be a week or 2 before I get gas for mig so I'll just practice with flux once I get the welder.

Quick Reply: 1973 Z28 project rusty gold.