What did you do to your camaro today

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 11:29 AM
In the Staging Lanes

finally had to motivation to set the carb and get the timing set since my cam break in. Just need some tranny fuild and some plates and i can take her for a rip.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:37 PM
2nd Gear member

Finally started going through the pile of parts i have been accumulating and actually putting some of them on the car haha.This was done between yesterday and today,installed my new aluminum water pump,all the pulleys were replaced with billet ones as well as the alternator and power steering brackets,put new metal radiator hoses on,and installed my taurus electric fan with a custom made aluminum shroud on it.Now i just need to get the a/c delete box put on and put on the new heater hoses,get measurements for the new belts,and actually wire up the fan,then i will be done for a little while.

Name:  P1012604.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  64.3 KB

Name:  P1012605.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  87.0 KB

Old 04-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Banned
Location: Raised in Tilton NH now residing in Kings Mountain KY

Well my body guy sent one Stang home today. One left to go then it's my turn. Finally. Once the last Ford leaves it will be all GM at his shop. The 56 Bel Air, his 69 Cutlass and my car. He's said the only thing else he'll take in til ours are done is insurance work.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:20 PM
ATM
3rd Gear Member

@ B.M, that looks really awesome.

Pablo, good news, it would suck to be in paint shop jail. Hope it doesn't take forever. My father in law was over today, and he said we could probably get the bodywork done on my car, welding and all in two weekends. Then another one painting it. I want to get it all mechanically sound before starting bodywork though. I don't want to be dinging stuff up trying to change brakes or put an engine in or something.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Overdrive Member

B.M. I like those brackets and pulleys. I am collecting all mine the same ones off ebay. I'm stuck on PS though. I like the newer pumps, but can't stand the price of reservoirs. Adding another 60 plus the cost of the pump and bracket and AN fittings. It starts to get expensive. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:05 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by 77nomad
B.M. I like those brackets and pulleys. I am collecting all mine the same ones off ebay. I'm stuck on PS though. I like the newer pumps, but can't stand the price of reservoirs. Adding another 60 plus the cost of the pump and bracket and AN fittings. It starts to get expensive. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
That's what i did,bought them a few parts at a time,until i had everything so i could do it all at once.Yeah most of my pulleys are off of ebay from skip white,the power steering pulley is a billet specialties one and the p/s bracket is a march bracket,both of those came from jegs because it seems like nobody makes the press fit pulley except billet specialties and march,same with the bracket,they are all over ebay for like $30,but since mine is the metric pump i got stuck paying $100 for the bracket and another $60 for the pulley.Hell,i got the water pump pulley and the crank pulley both for a bit less than the p/s pulley by it self,the power steering parts are what held me up for a while,i hated to spend that much on just those 2 parts so i had to do alot of searching trying to find better prices,then alot of saving just to get them haha.New braided p/s hoses will be the next thing i save up for,speedway has them for $119 so they will be in the future when i can replenish my parts funds.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Looks really nice BM!

Pablo, can't wait to see progress on your's!

Old 04-24-2011, 01:13 AM
Overdrive Member

We use -6 teflon lined hose at work so its endless for me.

I got my rear back together tonight. That S spring is a real MF. Cussing like I had turrets. The brakes are on in the rear but the passenger side interferes with the shock. I was told in advance but had to prove it. Dooh! Speaking of I put the rear shocks on too. Worked on cleaning the garage after that. I'm still tring to find places for everything. Need to find my speaker wire so I can hook up the stereo, the clock radio ain't cutting it. Someday I'll give you guys a tour. After its clean of course.

Last edited by 77nomad; 04-24-2011 at 01:24 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 77nomad
We use -6 teflon lined hose at work so its endless for me.

I got my rear back together tonight. That S spring is a real MF. Cussing like I had turrets. The brakes are on in the rear but the passenger side interferes with the shock. I was told in advance but had to prove it. Dooh! Speaking of I put the rear shocks on too. Worked on cleaning the garage after that. I'm still tring to find places for everything. Need to find my speaker wire so I can hook up the stereo, the clock radio ain't cutting it. Someday I'll give you guys a tour. After its clean of course.
Some guys pull the spring plate on the side that interferes and cut the shock mount off, then weld it back on the other side, so both shocks are on the same side of the axle. That usually cures the inteference issue, and shocks work better too. I'm going to do that on my '71 when I tear the rear suspension apart this spring.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:44 PM
Overdrive Member

That is my plan. I was gonna grab the one off my parts car though. Along with the torque boxes so I can do the Herb Adams mod to those. Then the rear is done for now.

I was looking at my shock mounts (upper) and was thinking how is it gonna work with the upper mount at that angle. It leans to the back of the car. The drivers side leans to the front.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your camaro today