What did you do to your camaro today

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 01:02 PM
Banned
Location: Raised in Tilton NH now residing in Kings Mountain KY

Well I started stripping as much off my car as I can today. Pulled window seals and channels, front and rear seats, sill plates, kick panels, sail panels, package tray, console, carpet, underlayment, rear spoiler, rear plate bracket, trunk lock. Three hours into it now and still have to take off the bumpers, headlight assemblies, marker lights, tail lights, and pull the door panels and remove the glass and hardware. Alot to do.

Here is the nearly gutted cabin

Last edited by Pablo63; 12-31-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:13 PM
Banned

I lost my keys a while back and thought I might have locked them in the trunk. So, after the back seat was out I put the droplight through the rear panel into the trunk. Nope not in there. I rigged up a loooong handle screwdriver and popped it that way. Pretty easy as long as you don't have your trunk full of junk. LOL

Stick it in and twist. Presto!

Old 12-31-2010, 01:45 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

You moved pretty fast on that teardown! Not bad for an old guy!

Old 12-31-2010, 02:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1971BB427
You moved pretty fast on that teardown! Not bad for an old guy!
Lot easier and cleaner second time around. That and it's crunch time.
Oh, and what do you mean old? I'm not even close to retirement age. LOL

Old 12-31-2010, 05:52 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by 1971BB427
Ha! Was the bed full of furniture??
Haha,no it was'nt,which is probably a good thing because the bed was'nt bolted down either haha,like i said it was a project truck that was still very much in the project part of it.I was still young and very dumb at that time,i thought i was going to be slick and get it to the new house and save the $40 that it would cost me to get it towed,hell i even waited until around 10 at night to take it over there figuring there would be less traffic to deal with.Needless to say i felt like an a** when the seat fell out,lol.I'm just glad the bed did'nt slide back when he started pushing it,i think he would have just skipped any tickets and drove me straight to jail haha.

Old 12-31-2010, 06:40 PM
Banned

I'm almost there. Removed the rest of interior. Headliner trim, A-pillar trim, door panels, headlight assemblies, front bumperettes, rear bumper, tail lights, markers, turn signals, grille and surround. Labeled and bagged everything and packed it all away. I'm beat. The only thing left to do before it leaves tomorrow that I can think of is gutting the doors. Yeah.

Old 12-31-2010, 06:58 PM
Banned

If any of you guys or girls have any color suggestions I'd like to see some pics of examples. I really need to nail one down in the next few months. Still favoring a type of orange like mitsubishi rotor glow or atomic orange. I'd like to have the tail panel blacked out like the SS cars and maybe some kind of stripe if I had a design that would look good with my hood. Is that something one of you photoshop geniuses could handle?

Old 01-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Banned

There goes my baby! I'll put up some pics as the bodywork progresses. Never got around to gutting the doors. Oh well it probably kept some of the rain out during the ride to the bodyshop.

Last edited by Pablo63; 01-01-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:23 PM
July 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Pablo63
If any of you guys or girls have any color suggestions I'd like to see some pics of examples. I really need to nail one down in the next few months. Still favoring a type of orange like mitsubishi rotor glow or atomic orange. I'd like to have the tail panel blacked out like the SS cars and maybe some kind of stripe if I had a design that would look good with my hood. Is that something one of you photoshop geniuses could handle?
No good at photoshop but this one is awsome, i love the colour. It's what i would go with besides my fav. Black/Green stripes lol.

Name:  DSC05866.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  158.9 KB

I think it looks bad a$$ mean.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Banned

That is a nice blue Joe. I like it very much.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your camaro today