turn signal

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 08:19 PM
1st Gear Member

k thanks ill try that.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dj Aztek
no is ok actually thanks for the help under dash is clean and the that red wire i got going the booster is a troubleshoot wire to give current to distributor or ealse the car wont start

Mine looks alot like that...random wires and whatnot. Sometimes all the stuff works, sometimes nothing works.
I have some wires broken between the fusebox and the firewall, I haven't had the nerve to take my wiring that far down, I just usually find the general area of the break, then jump it to the corresponding wire.
THAT WAS NOT A SUGGESTION!!!Just wanted u to know u aren't alone in the (fouled up )wiring world. Wiring is the worst part for me. I'm not sure how to attack it, and I don't trust any of the shops near me to do it right (plus, I want everything on this car done by me, even if its "engineered")

Old 04-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

I guess as an electrician I've always enjoyed the wiring part, and get really irritated when it's hacked up. I wish I could somehow translate troubleshooting skills better, as they are critical to fixing these messes, and need to be done in certain steps so that you don't end up chasing your tail.
I almost always start at the fuse block with the corresponding fuse, and once I know it's good I determine if the circuit is a constant hot, or a keyed item. After that it's just tracing what path it takes and making sure it's got continuity or voltage the whole way, plus (very important!) a good ground.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rosky69
Mine looks alot like that...random wires and whatnot. Sometimes all the stuff works, sometimes nothing works.
I have some wires broken between the fusebox and the firewall, I haven't had the nerve to take my wiring that far down, I just usually find the general area of the break, then jump it to the corresponding wire.
THAT WAS NOT A SUGGESTION!!!Just wanted u to know u aren't alone in the (fouled up )wiring world. Wiring is the worst part for me. I'm not sure how to attack it, and I don't trust any of the shops near me to do it right (plus, I want everything on this car done by me, even if its "engineered")
thanks we should do a support group for people that have busted *** wires.like us. just kidding .lol