Left turn signal wont signal

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Default Left turn signal wont signal

About a month ago my left turn signal refused to blink. When I turn the signal on the green arrow stays solid green and the outside lights dont signal that im turning left. the bulbs are fine because they light up but they just dont blink most of the time(sometimes they actually work). The green arrow on the dash stays solid green for a while after im done turning too. Has anyone ever have this problem or know what is going wrong?

Old 03-26-2012, 12:13 PM
2nd Gear member

The front signal bulb is likely out. These are dual filament so the running light will stay on but the flasher filament is bad. Happened to me a couple times and it's always been the front bulb. I've never changed one on a '93 but I'm guessing it's the standard 2057 bulb.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:36 PM

Cool I was expecting something to be wrong with the wiring. Thanks for the help!

Old 03-26-2012, 02:48 PM

I looked at the bulb and both filaments were ok. I tested the signal and it worked so I put it back together, and tested it one more time. This time the signal would'nt work but when I turned the hazards on it worked. Any ideas? Also is there an easier way to get to the front signals without going under the car? lol

Old 03-26-2012, 03:59 PM
1st Gear Member

If you don't mind getting scratches on your arm (and you have a small enough arm) You can reach down there and unscrew the bulb holder from the top of the car. I was having trouble with my light bulb blowing. I sprayed some electronics cleaner in their and it seems to have solved the problem.

As far as your specific problem goes, I would check ALL your bulbs. Both front and back. If any of them are out, change them. It may solve your problem and if not, you needed to change them anyways.

Does the side marker light flash when we signal? It could be that little guy is causing your problem.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:16 PM
June 2010 ROTM
Ride of the Year 2010
ROTM Winner's Club

my 97 camaro did that alot on both sides. what had happed though is the plasic bulb holder got hot some how and melted and caused it not to flash. it would work then not work and then work type of thing.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:43 PM

Yeah that seems to be what is happening 68. I noticed that the light is also dimmer than the other side. I'm gona try and figure it out tomorow, if i cant then ill just take it to the dealership cuz i hate electrical problems haha. My spedometer is way off too so I could get that recalibrated while im there, and maybe my driver side fog light fixed because it looks like its been pushed to the left so far its almost going behind the bumper.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:29 AM
In the Staging Lanes

nothing serious probably just the bulb and others mentioned above, ive had this happen before

Old 03-27-2012, 04:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Check the ground by the radiator, it solved my "one light dimmer" problem

https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02...-solved-68866/

Old 03-29-2012, 08:16 AM

Idk what happend but it works now.. lol thanks everyone. There's got to be a loose connection somewhere, i'll find it. It could of been the ground by the radiator because i messed with it a little before the signal started to work.

Quick Reply: Left turn signal wont signal