Stance change

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 05:40 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Stance change

Im kind of clueless on suspension. I have a 79 camaro and the front end is up higher than the rear. Iwant a stance where the rear end is higher than the front.I plan to increase the tire size in the rear when I buy new tires. What else should I do toraise the height of my rearend? lift? new leafsprings? thanks

Old 05-19-2007, 06:53 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Stance change

What kind of money are you willing to send on this little venture? The best budget options I would suggest are: lift springs in the rear, The best option. Air shocks, the cheap option. Or drop springs in the front, not my favorite option.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:06 AM
1st Gear Member

I think a LOT of us on here have probably done what you are about to do...(I did it to my 69 Camaro)..and I don't know about them, but I'll give you some free advice...DON'T DO IT!

It not only screws up your traction and cornering, but also messes up your braking ability.....which almost cost me my life.

Hope you can learn from my mistake....butif not.....good luck!

Old 05-20-2007, 11:04 AM
2nd Gear member

I should have stated in my last post that I personaly would not recomend altering the suspension that way. I restored mine back to the stock setup. Now, if walsh4nd is set on doing so, then the best way is air shocks or springs. What alot of people don't know is when you alter/modify suspension systems ie:adjusting ride height, you have to at least realighn the car. You've changed the geometries relationship to the road deck and, by lifting the rear, You tranfered weight from the rear to the front. You have to compensate for that. Slightly changing the alighnment specs to account for the attitude change makes a bit of difference. after I do an alighnment on a Camaro they drive like they're on a rail, Simply because I don't use factory specs.