post pictures of your 2nd gen rides

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 10:44 AM
4th Gear Member

yes Betsy, purple patty. old girl hot momma ,old lady ,my car only yells at me when I want it to,an now from the lt1 to 406 sbc it screams but only when I want it too,400hp is enough for the road an even more 458tlbs,when I want it quiet ralley red has the ac for longer rides too,though I got to say the ladys are allways wanting rides guys too,for a long time my passengers seat was full of parts ,an did not allow anyone in it except the ex girlfriend MOM ,this year I am going to relax a bit more with rides the 3800 I don't mind ,but I am very picky about who rides in purple haze.people will try to race you let them win tickets are huge money ,i still get far more complements from the purple one then the red one for some reason

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 03-15-2016 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:13 PM
In the Staging Lanes

LoL.. ???

Last edited by darrellv; 03-16-2016 at 04:39 AM.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:27 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by darrellv
LoL.. ???
that's the name of you car LOL .???

Old 03-17-2016, 08:01 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by 95 camaro 406
that's the name of you car LOL .???
The name of my Camaro is ...well...depends on who you ask. Several people have called it that "Damn Camaro"... LoL.

I've had my car since I was 17, which was 32 years ago. Up until the time I bought the car it had been a bracket car most of its life. The car is a factory Big Block SS car, but the original 396 motor was long gone. I bracket raced it, street raced it, tore it up more than a few times. Broke about everything there is to break on it. I've had more Motors & Muncies in it than some guys have had women. Between Divorce Lawyers-Baby Diapers-Kids Colleges-Houses etc.etc. I'm lucky I still have the car, but my Car has a part of my soul. There's a lot nicer Camaro's out there. But my car is "My Car" LoL

Old 03-18-2016, 11:34 AM
4th Gear Member

I hear ya on that one an that's a fine car too ,over that time I had gone through like 20 cars from when I was kid few repos to trading every year ,not many people get a chance to own one car for that long ,people ask me why I don't get a differrent car ,I say couse I love this one ,now just giving it a make over after a wreck last year to look more modern,,changeing the look a bit is good ,now I know better keeping our cars can be less costly ,with the price of new ones ,an to many desent used cars out there now ,like they say the best car on the
road may be the one your driving now yes emotional it gets after years ,this one going on 9 years soon another 10 would be great or more,one thing is for sure theres allways a nicer car out there ,but to me I just feel its the nicest car to me like you said even with a dented up front end ,I drove it for 4 months until I found the 3800 to drive until its fixed then some ,

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 03-18-2016 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:52 AM
2nd Gear member

Whats up everybody.Been a member here for a long time,but haven't been on in a few years,my car had been sitting for around 3 years,so i lost interest haha,but i took it for a drive last weekend,and it rejuvenated my interest.I've posted a pic before,but here it is again.The interior looks different now than in that pic,but i'll get to those later.
Name:  5I45G65K33E43ne3M9c8c47fba45ede1a1f57_zps690d9d3b.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  64.9 KB

Old 03-19-2016, 11:25 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by 95 camaro 406
I hear ya on that one an that's a fine car too ,over that time I had gone through like 20 cars from when I was kid few repos to trading every year ,not many people get a chance to own one car for that long ,people ask me why I don't get a differrent car ,I say couse I love this one ,now just giving it a make over after a wreck last year to look more modern,,changeing the look a bit is good ,now I know better keeping our cars can be less costly ,with the price of new ones ,an to many desent used cars out there now ,like they say the best car on the
road may be the one your driving now yes emotional it gets after years ,this one going on 9 years soon another 10 would be great or more,one thing is for sure theres allways a nicer car out there ,but to me I just feel its the nicest car to me like you said even with a dented up front end ,I drove it for 4 months until I found the 3800 to drive until its fixed then some ,
My youngest boy turns 26 today, so I guess i getting older...But I understand the part about your car becoming attached and even Emotional. On my garage wall, I have a pic of my car with my youngest boy driving it away from his wedding. Tire smoke cloud, front wheel turned slightly with the car twisted a little...and my Daughter-n-Law raising her flower boutique out the side window. LoL that picture is worth more and means more to me than any car show Plaque or Trophy I've gotten for the car.

Looking good BM. I know the feeling your talking about. And the feeling you get if someone waves at you or comments on your car. Almost like it's new all over again.

Old 03-20-2016, 08:39 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by darrellv

Looking good BM. I know the feeling your talking about. And the feeling you get if someone waves at you or comments on your car. Almost like it's new all over again.
Thanks.Yeah.i parked it 3 years ago because i just completely lost interest,i was at the point that i was ready to sell it,and was actually on my way out the door to take it to a buyer back then,but my youngest son who was 10 at the time, started to cry because he didn't want it gone,so rather than sell it,it just sat.He finally convinced me to go get the tags this year so we could drive it,and wow that good feeling definitely came back haha.I only planned to take a quick spin around the block,and an hour and a half later we finally came home haha.I agree,the waves and the thumbs up all make it worth it,and of course all the young guys who pull up next to you in their little honda's with their coffee can mufflers definitely make it interesting too haha.

Old 03-21-2016, 03:41 PM
4th Gear Member

yes no Doubt guys when someone gives you tumbs up ,day after day is never gets old ,an when they say nice car Allways say thank you ,at one time I did not have any nice cars ,I had to go through all the toys first ,then now I think its just cars now ,an from hear the older the better too sharp car love that Blue to,people ask after near 10 years with the 95 they say why don't you get a different one ,I say couse I love that one an not loaded with $$ either ,an now that I am makeing mine to the 98-02 ss clone it will feel like driving a different car ,with the 406 it for sure already does ,as its a 1980 Camaro with 95 body basically ,

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 03-21-2016 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:35 PM

Greetings, new member here. A good friend of mine wanted to share a few pics of his '81 Z28. The car has never been restored, painted, etc. If there is a better all original 81 out there, I'd like to see it. The pics are a few years old and not of the greatest quality and are the only ones I have - sorry about that. It's a one owner car that he purchased new at age 19 and currently has about 11000 Km (~ 6800 miles) on the odometer. Never been driven in the rain and still has the factory washer fluid in the reservoir! There were a few things replaced immediately after purchase (tires, shocks, stereo, speakers, etc). All the originals are still in his possession and are as brand new. The car was even ordered with extra door panels and such as he did not want to cut into the originals to place the new speakers. He has all the original documentation/manuals, brochure, key ring, etc. Speaking of keys, he even has the punch outs from the set that are on the key ring and the spare set with the punch outs intact. He's just a wee bit meticulous. I'll see if I can get some up to date higher res pics when we get some good weather to do so. Anyway, some pics.

Attached Thumbnails post pictures of your 2nd gen rides-1.jpg   post pictures of your 2nd gen rides-2.jpg   post pictures of your 2nd gen rides-3.jpg   post pictures of your 2nd gen rides-4.jpg   post pictures of your 2nd gen rides-5.jpg  

post pictures of your 2nd gen rides-6.jpg   post pictures of your 2nd gen rides-img_20140909_0005.jpg   post pictures of your 2nd gen rides-img_20140909_0006.jpg  

Quick Reply: post pictures of your 2nd gen rides